Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Drive belt storage

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  davzkny1 
#1 ·
Where on the new chasis is the drive belt storage beside using up the trunk space?

#5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Cat Man @ Dec 29 2006, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here is where I put mine. I saw this done either over here or another site, I can't remember. You can get the part from Cat, it is used on most Firecats. Easy to install![/b]
Looks like there's alot more room on the Z1 above the belt guard than on the F's. Anyone know if it'll fit in the same place on an F?

#6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (backinblack @ Dec 29 2006, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Cat Man @ Dec 29 2006, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is where I put mine. I saw this done either over here or another site, I can't remember. You can get the part from Cat, it is used on most Firecats. Easy to install![/b]
Looks like there's alot more room on the Z1 above the belt guard than on the F's. Anyone know if it'll fit in the same place on an F?
[/b][/quote]

Yes, that is what I thought, but I wasn't sure

#7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Cat Man @ Dec 29 2006, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How did you attach the velcro strap to the belt cover, rivet or slot out the cover. I just ordered two of the velcro straps today. Expensive suckers.

#8 ·
I was going to go with the plan of riveting the velcro belt holder on my clutch guard too. But after looking more closely, there's just no way to do it and feel safe. The electrical box (ECU) is right there, and in addition to that the belt is almost too long to be held in place. At least that's what it looked like from the demo F6 my dealer had on hand.

#10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nm3 @ Dec 29 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Old Cat Man @ Dec 29 2006, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you attach the velcro strap to the belt cover, rivet or slot out the cover. I just ordered two of the velcro straps today. Expensive suckers.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, rivets and one zip tie on the belt.

#13 ·
I used a velcro strap on the belt guard. I used a rivet and a fender washer so the rivet wouldnt pull out of the velcro. I placed it far enough towards the side cover so that the belt doesnt get near the rivet. It barely fits and I think the side cover kinda pushes it in.

#14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (davzkny1 @ Jan 14 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bought a pair of metal U clips from the dealer, think he said they used them on the crossfire. About $4 each. Was afraid by slotting the metal that it may eventually wear/cut through the velcro, plus then I just have to drill a few rivet holes. I'll post pics after I put them on.[/b]

part#0636-659

#17 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (monkers @ Feb 21 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats how I installed it on my 05 660 Turbo, I was going to do the same to my wifes F5 but was concerned about how close to the ECU it is. Have you had any trouble with it rubbing the wires or anything yet?
Nice picture, what kind of camera do you use?[/b]
hp photosmart R827, wife bought it cause it is small and easy to carry on the sleds. I don't wanna ask her what she paid for it. No problems so far, it does touch a little, but there is the nylon wrap on it. If I start to see it wear, then I'll put something between them. Worth it to me to get the belt out of the trunk.

#18 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snowstud @ Feb 22 2007, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was going to mount mine with two metal clips like that, but you must remove belt to remove clutch cover, and removing belt is hard due to cdi and oil tank. If you don't take the cover off much, it's a good spot.[/b]
you don't have to remove the belt first. Just unclip the shield in the front and slide it back. buy one of these oil filter strap wrenches and throw it in your trunk. Have your belt off in 5 seconds, put it on the smaller part of the clutch and lift! there are two size wrenches, so measure twice and buy once. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.