Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the chances of a drive axle with 8 tooth drivers from a 94 mountain cat fitting into my 02 zr 600? found one on ebay for cheap cheap cheap..could replace bearings and all that jazz, just wasnt sure if the lengths were correct?

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
Just the drive shaft is listed as a different part number so I'd have to think it would not.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
My question is why would anyone want 8 tooth drivers????
To clear a larger lug track. I have 8 tooth drivers on my 98 ZR 600 and have a 1-3/4" track in it with no clearance problems. 9 tooth and it would be hitting the coolers.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Just the drive shaft is listed as a different part number so I'd have to think it would not.
You can't rely on part numbers. They have different part numbers for my 99 Jag and my 98 ZR too but an original ZR shaft is in the Jag right now. Most of the old style chaincase shafts have the same basic dimensions. The differences can be just bolt size to retain the gear, a stud instead of a bolt, etc. An exception is some of the mountain cats (2003, 2004) and the king cats that had a 1-1/4" hex size shaft. Even those will work in the other sleds though because the bearing sizes are the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I ended up looking on eBay a little more, and found a driveshaft off of a powder special with 8 tooth drivers. Now all i need to buy is the extensions to go out to 144'' haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts