Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you drill out your slides where do you drill your slides how big of a bit do you use? How deep do you go on they hole? do you go all the way through? Does it have any effect on the track as far as wear?

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
I haven't heard of drilling the slides. Drilling the track yes to help remove weight and snow in or out but not the slides. I dunno

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not sure what size bit to use, but DO NOT drill all the way through your slides, just about 1/8 of an inch or something would work, just to get some snow packed in there. I've been doing it for awhile, but like I said I'm not sure how big the bit was. Something a little bigger than a pencil will work. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Doesn't drilling the slides allow the track/clips to get caught on the holes? I dunno

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've never had that problem. They still run over the track clips the same. Snow packs in the holes and keeps the slides lubricated a little more. If you're driving over alot of gravel roads or railbeds, rocks would get caught in there I guess. Some people do it, some don't. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Cool, I think I'll pass on it though just to be on the safe side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts