Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, first post here!
I just bought a 2002 zr800 and the powervalves were extremely dirty, my buddy told me how to clean them and gave me a shear pin that was cut to the right length to adjust perfectly (by the way, that is a great little tool to keep with you). I bought a brass wire wheel for my bench grinder and seriously cleaned the valves, then adjusted them, my question is how do I know that they are working properly? The servo does not cycle when I first start it and only cycles for a split second around 5000 rpm. The sled has good power but I used to ride a 98 t-cat 1000 and contrary to what everyone said, I am not impressed. please any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
331 Posts
I put my sled on a GOOD stand and open it up a few times. watch the servo do its work. might not be the best choice, but it is one possibility.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is your sled an EFI? If so they don't cycle at start up. If you are able to pull over 6500 rpms they are definately opening. Not sure why they would cycle at all at 5000 because I think they are supposed to open around 6200. I would recheck the cable length and run it on a stand with the servo motor cover off to see what is happening. Good Luck. As for the power, it is definately going to be different than your TCat, my Bro in Law has an 01 Tcat and it definately pulls a lot longer than my 800.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is efi, how long does the servo stay engaged (probably as long as I keep the rpms up right)? kinda new to all this but thanks for your help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes they only open after 6200 to 6500 rpms on efi's.On my 03 zl 800 they open around 6400.The 800 will be alot better on gas than Tcat and handle better too.If it cycles at 5000 rpms somethings wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts