Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a 900 tcat for $850 not even realizing what i had.
its a fully custom drag sled, fully aftermarket everything, from v force delta reeds, to a custom fabricated, wrapped and temp gauged exhaust. its clutched and even has a 4 tone color change paint job.

I know its a drag sled, but i dont know why its geting so hot, i can ride for about 5 minutes then the temp light comes on and my over flow starts smoking, ive melted 2 things of hosing before i finally got double thick re-enforced tubing, but now my over flow reserve melted

it was bone dry on coolant so i burped it, and i took out the bad thermostat, i dont think i gave it enough coolant cuz on my way home it started smoking. im worried i might have ruined a really nice sled.

it also idles at around 4000-4500 but doesnt engage till around 6500... is this a problem?

this is my first sled, so please dont judge me. any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Might want to physically check the cooling system routing, and make 100% sure that you have everything hooked up right!
Find a parts schematic, and compare. do the coolers get hot???

·
Registered
990 Posts
Every drag, that I've seen, the sleds run less than 5 minutes. A little warm up depending upon outside temperature (grass vs ice), 500ft WOT run, back to the pits, and shut down. Yours sounds about right from what I've seen.

The high idle, and clutch engagement, is probably to launch at the top of the power band.

You have a bit of de-tuning, to do, to turn this into a daily driver.

Would Really like to see some pictures! Sounds like a nice project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.