Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck in a tough situation where I know that my rear shocks need a rebuild ( I can compress the rear end effortlessly ) but i don't want to tie my sled up for 2ish weeks when I could be doing a ton of riding. My rebound springs are set on the hardest setting.

Is there anything that I can do to make the ride quality in the rear any better till spring when I feel comfortable taking it all apart?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cehyoopers @ Dec 21 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
strap a pillow to your ass and mark your calender,may>oct:must fix sled for upcoming winter? j/k :D[/b]
Damn man,winter just started and you want to ride your sled for the next 3 months with a bad rear shock.Takes 20 minutes to take out and any dealer around you even if they don't sell arctic cat should be able to rebuild it in a day or 2.I know your not riding 7 days a week.Did you know at the end of last season that it was bad? X2 for you on that pillow post

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is why i do my own shocks when they need to be done i can have it done in a hr then back on the trail unless i need parts if its a hose just go down the road have one made for $25 back home put on fill it up back on trail and i always have seals when needed

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was planning on sending them down state to this guy Ian at Monster Performance and having him rebuild & re valve them and putting larger bottom out bumpers on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see you live in Lima NY. Are you riding tug hill area? if so I made an appointment with d&d and rode my sled had the shocks rebuilt the same day. Also filers is right up on 104 and i know they rebuild shocks. point being with an appointment you can have the shocks done in no time especially if you take them off your self. I have a blown shock in my f7 as well and will be calling hygear this week as this is where i take all my shocks. They usually have a 3 day turn around.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (badtech2000 @ Dec 22 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I see you live in Lima NY. Are you riding tug hill area? if so I made an appointment with d&d and rode my sled had the shocks rebuilt the same day. Also filers is right up on 104 and i know they rebuild shocks. point being with an appointment you can have the shocks done in no time especially if you take them off your self. I have a blown shock in my f7 as well and will be calling hygear this week as this is where i take all my shocks. They usually have a 3 day turn around.[/b]
I usually ride tugg hill / Old forge area. I never thought about taking the shocks to filers but Its only about 35-40 minutes to my house. Maybe i'll make an appointment to see them. Thanks for the tip Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Ross at HYGEAR is very good he does my 3 sleds every fall, never had one fail. and 4 of my crews sleds NO failures!!!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
he's in east lansing ny (n of ithica ny) WWW.HYGEARSUSPENSION .COM , and ask for Ross ph-is
1-607-533-7434. and he does ACT shocks . I dont let just anyone touch my toys , when you get
your shocks back all your old seals and bad parts are with them so you know they where changd.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not to miss guide you but hygear is an even longer ride for you, I am a certified tech as well as a traveling motocross mechanic and met Ross through thunder alley sports where i use to work back in the day. He is a great guy and runs an honest business, but your not trying to race tune your suspension. I just think that for your application filers or a dealer more tord rochester would suite you just fine. Rebuilding snowmobile shocks is not rocket science and cost around $30 to $40 at any certified dealer. Next time before or after the season when you have more time send your shocks to hygear.......

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I drive the 3hrs to his shop each way to get all our shocks done (I KNOW I could ups them) but its cool to hang for a coulp of hrs and learn something new..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I ended up calling all around Western NY and getting quotes on rebuilding and revalving my shocks. I called the local dealer and he said that I could have them done and in my lap by tmrw...but it was going to be $70 a shock. Filers doesn't rebuild ACT shocks so i was outta luck there. Eventually a called Ian and Monster Performance and I'm getting them rebuilt and revalved for $45 a shock :banman: . I gotta ship them but i'm busy for the next couple weeks so I prolly won't be riding anyways. I think next year when I get the time i'm gonna drive out to the Hygear shop and check out what they've got.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts