Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=69334:DSCF0185.JPG][attachment=69335:DSCF0187.JPG]

Well after a couple of weeks I made my decision on a new Cat. I traded in my '05 500 and went with the 650 H1. It suits my riding style just right and I'm qiute happy so far. Pretty hard to tell the difference between the new and old except for the engine shrouding and some small details. Had to miss a good rally today but proper break in is important. Gonna keep it out of the slop until I do the first oil change and inspection. Gonna miss the old girl she was good to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congrats...she looks good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made the switch because I wanted more power and I got a good deal on the H1 so I figured it's 2 years old with 1000 miles on it maybe I should upgrade. I considered doing more mods but the bottom line was I didn't want to pour a bunch of money into it and still be short of my expectations. So far I like the auto tranny, I still reach for gears with my foot once in a while, force of habit I guess.

·
Registered
472 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prairie fire @ Apr 22 2007, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
... I figured it's 2 years old with 1000 miles on it maybe I should upgrade...[/b]
Nice bike, but if we are supposed to ditch these things at 1k miles- I'm in trouble. If I don't get at least 12,000 mostly trouble free (hard working) milesout of my bike, I am going to be severely let down.

"I better upgrade"- The worries of a consumer debt ridden culture with disposable income...

I'm not slagging on you, I just thought your commentary on upgrading deserved some notice- or others might (wrongly) think that at 1,000 miles their bike is spent like a sailor on leave in Malaysia.

Take care and enjoy your new purchase!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Heehee ... Nice upgrade!! Buddy of mine just bought a 700 efi for the same reason... wanted more power and didn't want to stick a bunch of money in a smaller cc machine...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might sell this one too after a 1000 miles who knows, that's up to me. That bike has a lot of good years left in it and hopefully it will go to a good home. Just because I traded it in for a new one does not mean I have a disposable income, far from it. I had my reasons and I don't feel bad about it at all.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
:thumbsup: Congrats on the new machine :thumbsup:

ENJOY

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Good Job you will love that machine. Hey what kind of a box is that on your machine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts