Arctic Cat Forum banner

321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum and I'm sure this has been asked 100 times already but does the aglt mod work on my 95 zr 580 efi.....or is there a way to make it wider and sit up more .....thanks in advance there's some sweet lookin sleds on here

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
New to the forum and I'm sure this has been asked 100 times already but does the aglt mod work on my 95 zr 580 efi.....or is there a way to make it wider and sit up more .....thanks in advance there's some sweet lookin sleds on here
Yup it will work

Sent from somewhere in MN

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet thanks any idea what parts I need from what model...and id like to do the longer track as well....any pics and list of parts and what years they come off of would be super helpful.... I'm not very good on these forums have a hard time figuring them out....thanks again in advance u can email them to me also I'm faster at that lol......

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Theres a whole right up on here and other forums with what parts to use. I just purchase most of my front end parts as I am doing this as well with the AGLT and The Long track conversion. I may have a extra set of spindles and lower a-arms if any one is interested. I just found out a buddy wrecked his sled and I can have his parts for free. look at post two in the link below. and below that check out the pinned section

http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/pinned-topic-area/150094-upgrading-front-suspension-aws4-sleds-aglt.html

Pinned topic Area - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
To the guys that are going to long track you older sled and are goiung to use a taller track like a 1.25". Dont go with the 2.86" pitch tracks. You will need to go with a 2.52" pitch track and 8 tooth anti ratchet drivers. If you used a 2.86 pitch track you would have to go down to a 7 tooth driver to be the same diameter as a 8 tooth 2.52" pitch. Just some thing to think about!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks zrt1200 I would be interested if u still have those spindles and a arms not sure if im suppose to post my email on here but its ......if u want to email me and put zrt1200 in the title we can go from there......

·
Registered
103 Posts
95 wildcat 700

This all sounds and looks great. would the front components and rear skid from an 02 zr 900 fit and feel right in my wildcat? (have my eye on a 02zr being parted out)

or is there a specific sled that has the components id like?
I want more height width and length.

ill start with the front end but if I can get all parts off of one doner sled that would be better

I was planning on redoing my stock set up but then I cam across this awesome thread. any input would be great

(picture is the original one from when I bought the sled)
1995 700 wildcat efi.ett. all stock except for clutching track and skis

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Add another one to the list.

Sled: Mint 96 EXT 580

Mods:
AGLT Front
TSL Skid
1.25" Predator track
Steering post mod
'03 1M bars
Chopped wwindshield

Pretty excited to see the results.Cat happy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Add another one to the list.

Sled: Mint 96 EXT 580

Mods:
AGLT Front
TSL Skid
1.25" Predator track
Steering post mod
'03 1M bars
Chopped wwindshield

Pretty excited to see the results.Cat happy
Nice JobRockerdude

·
Registered
51 Posts
aglt

Just finished up the mod on my 98 zrt 1004 and put 200 miles on it rides awesome need to do the steering post mod. I impressed the other guys i was riding with what i could do with the big sled Cat happy

1998 zrt 800 with 1004 big bore kit
1.25 Ripsaw

321 - 331 of 331 Posts