Arctic Cat Forum banner

241 - 260 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had it out a few times now. I can't say anything that hasn't been said already...new sled...awesome...soaks it up. Absolutely love the ride!

We had some good snow around here, but the freezing rain this past weekend has killed alot of it. I decide to take today and do the steering post mod. Took me all of an hour maybe. Gotta get the sled back together and try this new combo. Only problem now is my gas tank is leaking. I'm cleaning it out as i type so that i can plastic weld it. Don't know if i mentioned this to you before or not but the previous owner screwed into the back edge of the tank to hold the seat cover on. I had fixed it with an epoxy sealer, it lasted a season but then let go.

...back to work now, enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That is funny. I had the same leak last season. I think there is a tab w/ a screw hole that goes above that. If its pushed in, it pops a small hole in the tank. I just threaded a bigger bolt in the hole and it stoped the leak. Mine was leaking on the right side front bottom if your sitting on the seat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mines leaking both sides. Not sure what you mean by a tab though. Got any pics? I'd originally tried bolts, then body molding pins with "seal all". This time i'm going to seal it completely, melt around the edges of the hole, and melt in some new plastic.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
At the ends of the seat bottom mine has thin metal tabs that slide over the indents on the front bottom of the gas tank. Ill see if one of my pics show it. Or I can snap one and send it to you later. Dont really matter, as long as your fixing them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (merlincat @ Dec 19 2006, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I want to say yes... Truth is I am 90% complete with the AGLT mod. I will be putting the finishing touches on the front end on thursday/friday. Things look good so far. Have the steering post mod complete also. I will be posting pics when i'm done. Traveling over the holiday so hopefully I will put pics of the re-engineered 94 ZR 700 next week. Can't wait to hit the trails with it, hoping Santa brings us snow on Tug Hill for Christmas!!!!

:thumbsup: :chug:[/b]
will this mod work on my 94 ext 580?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have all of the parts to do it to my ZRT 800 I was just curious if anybody has had any issues in tight woods trails with clearance. To access the main trail system from my house I have to run some tight trails.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whtoyotek @ Jan 3 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have all of the parts to do it to my ZRT 800 I was just curious if anybody has had any issues in tight woods trails with clearance. To access the main trail system from my house I have to run some tight trails.[/b]
If they are five foot wide you will be fine. Four foot would be tricky.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will shocks with part number: 0703-996 and 0703-997 work for the AGLT mod? They are off of a 2002 ZR 600 CCE EFI.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm trying to get the long bolts out of the lower arm on my 96 ZR580 and so far its not moving. I can make it turn with a socket and socket driver, but the bolt is not coming out yet. Anybody have any tips on how they did it?

Andy

·
Registered
117 Posts
It took me longer to pull those bolts than it did the rest of the mod. I cut a groove into my crowbar with an angle grinder. Got the bar behind the bolt head and pried it out. Moved about 1 millimitre at a time until it finally popped. Just saw your painted front end in the other post, they look great. Using a hole saw to cut out the spindles worked out well.

Ad

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks Adbaker, that was going my next move. My bet is no lube ever got put in the inside tube in the arm and a lot of surface rust between it and the bolt is holding tight. But I haven't come close to giving up, so that bolt IS coming out.

Now I just found out I have the wrong upper arms! The right length c-c is 12.5" and mine measure 12.125", which angles the spindles out at the bottom. So back to the sled salvage yard I go. Thanks about the spindle notches. I thought it was much easier than cutting out all the material when the lower arm notch is all that is needed. By the way, I really like the look of your sled.

·
Registered
186 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (andyvh @ Jan 4 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm trying to get the long bolts out of the lower arm on my 96 ZR580 and so far its not moving. I can make it turn with a socket and socket driver, but the bolt is not coming out yet. Anybody have any tips on how they did it?

Andy[/b]
I had the same problem. to fix mine I drilled a hole in the a arm and welded the steel insert to the actual arm. Mine of course were both junk anyway, but if you have no plan on selling them this is the fastest fix I could think of.

P.S. the one I drilled a hole in was because the outside edges were gone from the steel spacer. I was lucky on one side and no hole had to be made, just a tack weld on each side and a quick turn with a wrench. After it broke loose I sprayed it with pb and worked it a little. They slid right out after that.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you cant get a bar behind the bolt head, grab it tite as you can w/ a big pair of vice grips and then pry on the vice grips till the head of the bolt comes out enough to get your pry bar on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
finally got her all togeather and we had just a bit of snow so i went out in some fields for a while and it is a 100% improvement from last year, that steering post upgrade makes me want to ride standing up all the time its so comfortable (along with the 3"riserblock and sabercat bars) the only thing i need to invest in now is some new skis and im set thanks a ton AG! Cat happy

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
ok i just picked up another toy!!! 95 zrt 800 with a big bore, interested in the mod, any info or pics and parts list would be great!! thanx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey new to this arcticchat but i have a 94 zr 700 just finished rebuilding the motor stripped the tunnel and painted it sick orange . I wanna the front suspesion upgrade i was wondering if 2000 moutian cat 500 front end wrok? Im not using the shocks ill buy new ones but would this be the right donour parts to use? And wanna know wat really involed in the steering post mod? And anyone out there have a screen kit for this sled ill buy dont care of color ill repaint it. Shipped to Ontario Canada

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well after reading and hoarding parts for a year I finally got my upgrade almost done. I can't wait to finish and ride it. It should make a big difference as this machine was pretty beat when I aquired it. The left side a arms were bent back about an inch and the swaybar was binding. IFS sleds are kind of new to me. In a previous life I lived and breathed snowmobiling. For three years I worked at Bender Racing building go fast parts and working 80 hours a week helping with Formula III efforts. I was there for one championship and the big V max 4 launch. Soon after I got out of it due to money and rediscovered the lost love last year with the purchase of this ZRT 800. This thing rips, almost too fast. I have it stripped and am going through it and fixing the little stuff for riding. I have some naked pix now and will post some finished ones soon.

[attachment=144390:104_2978.JPG]
[attachment=144391:104_2979.JPG]
[attachment=144392:104_2977.JPG]

Attachments

241 - 260 of 331 Posts