Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a count... I'm trying to discover how many sleds have the mod.

One sled in the count is mine, obviously I'll add to the count too.

Feel free to add comments, opionions, etc.

If you've ridden with me or anyone who has done this mod, and you have some observations/opinions about your friend's AGLT sled... Tell us all about it! It may help encourage others to bring new life to their older sleds!

:chug:

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zr sled head @ Dec 19 2006, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok I'll bite.....................what the heck is it? :super_happy:[/b]
On sleds with AWS4 chassis, it gives you 46" ski stance and nearly double the suspension travel... Done with mostly off-the-shelf stock Cat parts. Any parts fabbing that needs to be done is easy.

If you have a mis-hap and bend an arm, repair/replacement parts are available through the usual sources... Cat dealers, sled wreckers, used markets, etc. Even Royal Distributing carries brand new arms for $70 Cdn!

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=80603

:chug:

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cat4ever @ Dec 19 2006, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is this mod only for ZRT's? I see KevinS has done it to his '98. Will it work with my '98 ZR?[/b]
Sorry, but no... Your sled is an AWS5 chassis... This mod works on the AWS4 chassis.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I want to say yes... Truth is I am 90% complete with the AGLT mod. I will be putting the finishing touches on the front end on thursday/friday. Things look good so far. Have the steering post mod complete also. I will be posting pics when i'm done. Traveling over the holiday so hopefully I will put pics of the re-engineered 94 ZR 700 next week. Can't wait to hit the trails with it, hoping Santa brings us snow on Tug Hill for Christmas!!!!

:thumbsup: :chug:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not this year AG, maybe next year. Pray for snow :thumbsup:

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey merlin you ride tug hill? Thats cool I live at the base of the hill. Sad to say we only have an inch of snow and they are calling for 40's and rain the rest of the week but we are all praying. We should all join in a big snow dance. WE NEED SNOW!!!! :lovewinter: :lovewinter:

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Hey A G. How come this MOD has not been pinned in the Mod/tech section. The install of the ETT skid in and older sleds has been. Maybe more new comers will see this. Sometimes it's not in the recent posts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My AGLT is complete! So is the steering post mod with an Ole's riser. All I have to do now is get the fat boy springs installed on my skid. New thread with pics is coming shortly. Who knows, mabye I'll even get to add a ride report if it ever snows in Michigan.......

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slick @ Dec 19 2006, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey A G. How come this MOD has not been pinned in the Mod/tech section. The install of the ETT skid in and older sleds has been. Maybe more new comers will see this. Sometimes it's not in the recent posts.[/b]
I've thought about pinning it before, but then I always tell myself it's not going to be too popular with a lot of folks because most wouldn't have what it takes to venture into such a project.

What I'm saying is I never thought it was a 'mainstream' mod... That few would benefit from pinning such a topic.

Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe it's worth pinning?

Do you guys think I should pin the following link? All the other posts from the folks who have done the mod can be linked to it too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Dec 19 2006, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slick @ Dec 19 2006, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey A G. How come this MOD has not been pinned in the Mod/tech section. The install of the ETT skid in and older sleds has been. Maybe more new comers will see this. Sometimes it's not in the recent posts.[/b]
I've thought about pinning it before, but then I always tell myself it's not going to be too popular with a lot of folks because most wouldn't have what it takes to venture into such a project.

What I'm saying is I never thought it was a 'mainstream' mod... That few would benefit from pinning such a topic.

Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe it's worth pinning?

Do you guys think I should pin the following link? All the other posts from the folks who have done the mod can be linked to it too.

[/b][/quote]

I would pin that link AG. I have it bookmarked for reference and just sent it to a guy on HCS who was considering buying a new sled, but is having doubts with the lack of snow this year. I think most guys that are capable of completing this mod have some sort of access to a local machine shop to have the spindles machined.

:beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scooter Magavin @ Dec 19 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Dec 19 2006, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would pin that link AG. I have it bookmarked for reference and just sent it to a guy on HCS who was considering buying a new sled, but is having doubts with the lack of snow this year. I think most guys that are capable of completing this mod have some sort of access to a local machine shop to have the spindles machined.

:beer_cheers:
[/b][/quote]

OK then... I'll do it! :chug:

1 - 20 of 331 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.