Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve heard many different opinions on this but does putting a can on your sled actually make it lose power? My dad hates cans but I mean they are awesome lol. If I were to put a can on the sled. Will it lose power? I just want it to sound cool without losing or gaining power. What’s a can that will remain the stock performance?

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Is this a troll?? This is probably the worst topic that
you could bring up next to an oil thread..... Expect to get roasted......

It depends on which Exhaust/Canister/Resonator you are talking about. There's usually more to it than just adding a pipe or cannister if you want to actually see a performance improvement. I have seen some exhaust setups improve performance substantially, and a few actually hurt performance.... What combination are you referring to? In my experience and in general, MBRP exhausts have been pretty obnoxiously loud.

In some states, loud pipes are illegal since they are cited as being the biggest reason that land owners close trails crossing their property. The second biggest reason is people riding off of the trails (on private property).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m just wondering if a aftermarket can makes it go a bit slower lol. Also what oil should I run? No I’m just joking. I guess I’ll just spend the money to find out myself

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
While your wasting your money , I have a utility bill that is due.
Are you trying to get sledding areas shut down?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want a little more snort. Like the skinz ultra Q. Only loud when you crack the throttle.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
The only thing you will lose is the ability to ride on trails. Listen to your dad, he knows better. There’s nothing awesome about a can that I can think of. It doesn’t sound cool and there will be no sound from it after getting kicked off the trails and it’s sitting in your back yard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing you will lose is the ability to ride on trails. Listen to your dad, he knows better. There’s nothing awesome about a can that I can think of. It doesn’t sound cool and there will be no sound from it after getting kicked off the trails and it’s sitting in your back yard.
I agree but most trails around here are in the middle of no where with very few houses,
I’m only looking for something like a silencer where it’s a little louder on trails and loud when it gets to higher RPM. Plus I mostly ride ditches...... Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve heard many different opinions on this but does putting a can on your sled actually make it lose power? My dad hates cans but I mean they are awesome lol. If I were to put a can on the sled. Will it lose power? I just want it to sound cool without losing or gaining power. What’s a can that will remain the stock performance?
Not to sound like a party ****er, but all it will do is piss people off and possibly cost you a lot more than just the price of it. Speaking from personal experience, our group was stopped by law enforcement for not properly placed trail passes. While stopped, they made all of us open our hoods just to check exhaust. Four of us had to pay $500 on the spot each for aftermarket exhaust or forfeit the sleds. They do not need to run a decibel test either. If it is not stock exhaust, it’s been altered and an immediate ticket.
It’s completely up to you what you do with your money. But, your choices can/will affect the future of the sport for the rest of us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alrighty guys, I guess I’ll be stuck riding through the woods with the only guy with a stock exhaust. I suppose I’ll spend my money on a $500 car and go jump it.

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
Now you’re talking!! Make sure you wear your helmet.

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
As long as you are not on a sled/atv trail go ahead

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Can I cut the muffler off with a sawzall
You should use just a hacksaw blade with half covered in duct tape. This way it will take you longer than you’d like and then you would question yourself, why am I doing this????

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You should use just a hacksaw blade with half covered in duct tape. This way it will take you longer than you’d like and then you would question yourself, why am I doing this????
Yeah lol that’s true. It’s always fun to do dumb stuff with the boys but always gotta have common sense. I think you just rigged some into me, thanks Catman

1 - 20 of 23 Posts