Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I have to reclutch if I change gears. Have a pile of gears layin around, figured since I am gonna have to go into my case to change tracks I might as well re-gear it. Or should I not bother even though I am putting a longer track with 1.4" lugs?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I was told stock is not bad but also it would not hurt to drop one tooth off the top gear. I believe they are 23t stock on top.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
By the way, i left my gearing stock on my 800/136" that I am just finishing up. If needed i will change it next season.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I tried re gearing after the 136" conversion. Was originally lower but settled in at one tooth down on top running a 1.6" track. It comes out of the hole real quick with the cluthcing I have, but found I was just ever so slightly running out of gear at the end of a 660' track. Still I was up over 100 easily and quickly. In my opinion stock works just fine and I will be going back to stock over the summer. Work on clutching the sled. It has soooo much grunt it'll pull no problem. Work on getting that power to the track thorugh clutching. Easy to clutch sled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts