Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides Cups,,:lol: Just curious, I just got a 550 and cleaned it up and waxed it. We dont really have mud around here, so the only scratches will come from tight rocks. Im sure I will get some :turd: for even bringing it up,,,but thats fine.

·
Administrator
42,420 Posts
Did you polish it with a WOOL cloth ?
Lol

·
Administrator
42,420 Posts
And if you run out

·
Registered
829 Posts
I put black magic wheel shine on my plastic and when I really want it to shine I use a spray my maxxis called new bike in a can...it's a high gloss clear coat that leaves a dry shine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Isn't there some floor cleaner that people use on the quads to make them shine and protect the plastic? Can't remember what it is called but there is an old thread here somewhere about it...

I didn't wax my ATV but will try to before winter. I did wax my John Deere X739 and boy does she shine. :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Well that thread is only a few down :) the product is Pledge Floor Care Finish ;)

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
odd time mine is semi clean

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep,since it's automobile type paint I treat it like a car,bike,ect. Bought. My orange trv used and with a bit of buffing and then waxing got rid of nearly all the scff marks and scratches. I know some people believe you are ***** rider if it doesn't have damage all over it. A guy named malcom smith told me that. Sure put it in an interesting perspective. But out here in colo the trails are rather groomed out. But did figure out a way to di a number on it. Flipping at about 30 did scratch the. He'll out of it in several places.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'd have to take mine down to bare plastic to buff out all the scratches.

Wax? I don't even use the soap cycle when washing it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Taking it down to bare plastic would be removing all the paint with abrasives. ;) My paint is pretty scratched up, which probably has much to do with my lack of concern for the dirt stains on the paint.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ok well mine is red and it isn't "automotive style paint " it's just red plastic...how would I go about buffing out the scratches ? ...i just shined it with the pledge floor stuff...came out real shinny but still looks terrible because of all the scratches

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sometimes a heat gun or small propane torch can melt the plastic just a bit to blend scratches. It's easy to burn the plastic, so patience is needed. It's really tough to replicate the stock shine as its a coating from thr factory. I have had pretty good luck making most damages look much better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts