Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 2005 F7 EXT and he wants to go to wyoming with us this year. I found a 13.5 wide 144" 2-1/4" track for his sled, but we don't know if it will fit? Has anyone done this swap? Looking at browns it looks like it has 10T drivers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the drivers fit the track pitch then yes.
I extened mine to 2.25 x 13.5 x 153.
Its a way more versitile sled now and almost as nimble. Best conversion I have done.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey there 1m800,
I did this mod to my 05 F7 EXT last year, although there are a few pittfalls to be aware of.
If the track is from the 05 accesorie catalog the part is actually listed for 03 and 04 only, this is because the 05 has the 4th rear idlers and with the original placement they will impact on the drive lugs of the track due to the idlers running a narrower guage. I had a custom rear axle shaft made that was 20MM wider and made 2 10 mm spacers for behind the wheels to spead them out. You will have to be very fussy on the track alignment because there is not much wheel left on the track edge.
The 10 tooth driver does not have enough clearance to swing with the diamond drive, I went to a 9 tooth drive and other than a tight fit during install it works good and snow clearance is good as well,,No Rubbing even at high speed.

I found the load to be too much for the drive ratio in certain snow conditions and when at tree line +,, I opted to re gear the diamond drive to the M7 ratio and run a 36deg helix ( Torque Brkt) with the factory green secondary spring.

On the primary I went to 68 Grm whieghts and the titanium spring from the M7.

I have put about 800 miles in the mountains on ths set up and 700 miles Flatland around home ( northern alberta) , this combo is just what the doctor ordered, it makes a wicked mark on the hill with a good rider and will often take out the M chassis if the rider is not paying attention. Nothing that I came accross last year would even attemt the goat trails that I was playing with in the trees, due to the narrow width and low ratio it worked really good for picking through the uglys.

It's nice to ride a sleeper as well....

Good luck, If you need picks I'll drag them of my other files and post them. :super_happy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts