Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me I read about Cat getting forced to buy some sleds back where some fellows bought them thinking that they got a certain horsepower sled and found out it was short so Cat bought the sleds back. Was researching and can't find a thing on it.

Was I dreaming, or did it happen, and anyone know where info on it is?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but this sounds like complete internet hype. I can't see how Cat would be responsible for buying back a sled that didn't match the advertised HP (since the advertised HP used to be the max ... versus the newest HP ratings being the guaranteed low). If they advertised a 2003 F7 at 140 HP, but it came in at 130 HP - yet all it took were some reeds, a timing key, and maybe a fuel mod to get it to 140+ .... good luck on any sort of false advertisement claim.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't ever remeber it in the recent future. Happen to know what model it was? I know Yamaha had to buy back a bunch of R6s last year due to a falsely advertised RPM redline. They were off by like 1500 or 2000rpm.

·
Registered
656 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Mar 1 2007, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but this sounds like complete internet hype. I can't see how Cat would be responsible for buying back a sled that didn't match the advertised HP (since the advertised HP used to be the max ... versus the newest HP ratings being the guaranteed low). If they advertised a 2003 F7 at 140 HP, but it came in at 130 HP - yet all it took were some reeds, a timing key, and maybe a fuel mod to get it to 140+ .... good luck on any sort of false advertisement claim.[/b]

It happens, as mentioned with the new Yamaha R6's, as well as about 10 years ago with the Mustang Cobra dohc motors. They were rated at 300 horse, but they barely put out more than the standard GT motors, in the 265 horse range if I recall....my younger brother had one and it got bought back by Ford. Nothing wrong with it, other than it was a DOG...

However, I don't remember hearing anything about 'Cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts