Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04 f7 efi i have been told differnt things by differnt ppl and dont know what to do, do i need to get my ecu remapped??? or do i need a boondocker??? or can i run it the way it is?????

this is what i have done

v force 3 reeds
d&d y pipe
d&d power light head pipe
d&d big barcker can

some guy from d&d racing said the 04 f7 run real rich and it will be fine

let me know what u guys think thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joshmb84 @ Nov 13 2009, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have a 04 f7 efi i have been told differnt things by differnt ppl and dont know what to do, do i need to get my ecu remapped??? or do i need a boondocker??? or can i run it the way it is?????

this is what i have done

v force 3 reeds
d&d y pipe
d&d power light head pipe
d&d big barcker can

some guy from d&d racing said the 04 f7 run real rich and it will be fine

let me know what u guys think thanks!!![/b]

Throw d&d's pac system on and add a few grams of weight to primary and you should run pretty good.Don't need a boondocker box

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
lose the can you will make more power i have the 06 map do better response you will love it better fuel mileage and put in clutch kit d&d or oda dans just my thoughts have fun

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys how do i get the computer remaped just bring it to a cat dealer and tell them what i want and they will send it out?????

·
Registered
302 Posts
yyyyup. But i would do what Darrell said, i have the same mods on my sled including what he said, and i love it, it flies and i have over 3k on it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys what dose d&d Power Authority Controller (pac) do? and is it hard to put on?

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
it helps lean out your top end 04 were rich up top if i were you i would get the 06 map best map there is no need for fule reducer and it only cost you the frate have fun ether way is good thought

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok but how do i know if i haft to lean it out? what do you go by just the spark plugs? dose the ammount of smoke comeing out of the pipe mean anything cuz my buddys f7 smokes twice as much as mine his is bone stock and i got the V-force y-pipe and head pipe and can dosent that make mine leaner?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
you can check the plugs they should be cardboard brown or check your piston wash,there is a threa Cat happy d on this site on how to check your piston wash

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how many tanks of gas do u need to run befor you can get a accurate reading on the plugs??? cause i dont want to pull my motor apart to check piston wash

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a few wide open rips today and looked at the plugs they look brand new to me not black and not golden brown like I was told they should be, I guess I haft to wait for some snow and check my gas to oil ratio and make sure its at 50:1 I guess????? It just makes me nervous with the reeds and full exhaust I have it doesn’t seem to be smoking as much as my buddies stock F7 and I don’t want a melt down on my first ride like last year that sucked .

·
Registered
165 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joshmb84 @ Nov 17 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how many tanks of gas do u need to run befor you can get a accurate reading on the plugs??? cause i dont want to pull my motor apart to check piston wash[/b]
probv a half hour ride will do plenty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts