Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

do i need to rejet for dynatek cdi?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Wyo_H1_Cat 
#1 ·
ive got a 100% stock 2006 650 v2 . i was just wondering if any one on here has ever had to rejet for the dynatek cdi ? i dont ever plan on doing any other mods.
ive done a ton of research on the net but every thread i find is about someone with snorkels or pipes.
im looking for some feedback from someone who has installed one on a stock machine .
i live in east tn and i ride 1350-2200 ft above sea level.
i really want a dynatek but i dont want to lean out my cylinders.

ive also read that the kawasaki brutes and prairies are jetted lean from the factory ,are the cats jetted lean too?
when i changed my plugs i noticed that they were really dark and on the rich side.
with all this in consideration , will i have to rejet?
thanks for all your help guys

#2 · (Edited)
First of all, No first hand experience, just an opinion.........

I really doubt if you need to rejet when installing the dynatek CDI. From what I understand, On the stock CDI it does not allow the ignition timing to advance with RPM until It sees that you are moving 10-15 MPH or something like that. Supposedly as a wheelie preventing factory safety feature? Not sure seems like I read that somewhere in an old Magazine. The replacement CDI allows ignition timing to advance with RPM increase as it should, ignoring speed, and also advancing ignition timing a little further. Changing ignition advance curves has little effect upon A/F ratios. If it has any effect at all you can probably compensate by just opening the PMS (pilot metering screws) on each carb another 1/4 to 1/2 turn from where they are now.

#3 ·
As usual, Wyo is correct.

The v2s run a bit rich from the factory actually. I wouldn't suggest going down in jet sizes but rather increasing airflow with a larger snorkel than factory. These engines are VERY restricted.

#4 ·
Hopefully he follows your experience and not my un tested opinion

Reactions: J_Fred
#7 ·
I have Ol2s and can wheelie easily with no body english. This wouldn't be possible without ALL of my mods, including the Dynatek.

#9 ·
No personal experience however from what I've read here on this forum from others in the past. The dynatek is a great option for the 650V2 there is very little to be gained with a dynatek on a 650H1. The V2 and the H1 are far different animals. I'm sure there will be some improvement, will it be enough to feel a difference? Don't know? Maybe? Let us know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.