Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mixture screw is turned out about 6 turns and the bike idles ok sometimes kind of up and down but if I turn it in to 3 or 4 then it idles like crap. I think I need a new pilot jet. Where could I get one at? The dealer said they only carry stock size. I have the dynojet kit it with the needle on 4th notch and a DJ 148 main in if that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If its a keihin carb you might get one at the local harley davidson shop thats were i found mine.

WC

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If you are running 6 turns out on your pilot screw then defintly yes you need a larger one. As a rule normally I've read anything over 3 1/2 out and its time to go for a larger pilot jet as the screw has a risk of not being tight and can vibrate out. On my DVX i went from 3.5 turns out on the stock 22.5 pilot to 2 1/4 to 1/2 turns out on a 25 pilot jet.
As for somewheres to get one, even though your dealer soesn't carry one they should be able to order one. If for some strange reason they cant then go check other ATV parts and accessory dealers or like walkingcrow said a harley/motorcycle shop.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Having to turn it out that far, and the "idle kinda goes up and down", any chance there could be an air leak somewhere?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
yeah step it up to a larger size,some dealers will order them for you..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many sizes should I go up to?

·
Administrator
7,967 Posts
You can order them online at Rage Performance. The jet you are looking for is the N424-25BXXX. They alot of jets for keihin carbs. Its where I bought mine. Get the next 2 sizes up from what you have and you should be covered........tigger
p.s. they call it a slow jet, but its the same pilot jet that we use in our Cats.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiggershark @ Jan 15 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can order them online at Rage Performance. The jet you are looking for is the N424-25BXXX. They alot of jets for keihin carbs. Its where I bought mine. Get the next 2 sizes up from what you have and you should be covered........tigger
p.s. they call it a slow jet, but its the same pilot jet that we use in our Cats.[/b]
Appreciate the link. I'll try the 40 and the 42 and maybe the 45 and see where that gets me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts