Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started a project I had been meaning to get to for a wile, putting in two 6" marine speakers with a 100.2 kicker amp. Today I got both the left and right cut and put together. I felted and fiberglassed the left side tonight .so this is where I am the the white felt you see on the side with resin on it will be cut out to make a cut out for the LED lights

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So got the first coat of bondo on the boxes and did a fit and sound check today. Now one more coat of bondo then sand and paint

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Looks pretty darn cool there. I like where you mounted the led lights. How much do each of the boxes weigh? It's gonna be front heavy for sure with the radiator and snorkels and now speaker boxes. Just don't go off any jumps. Lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey spooln30 thanks for the reply, the boxes are actually extremely light from what you would think. i would estimate each box at about 7-10 pounds at the max. The only real weight to the boxes are the solid wood bases. I am finishing up the bondo tonight at home and hope to get a coat of paint on after that. And will post some updated pictures. I was able to get a color match at Lowes pretty close the bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,547 Posts
One of the coolest custom mods I have seen on this site in a long long time. Not worthy:ClapRockerdude

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
10 lbs with the speakers and led light bars? Sounds light but possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry 10 pounds is the dry weight without amp,speaker, and led bar. I got tied up with some axle problems, company has now mailed me 4 axles and only one was the right one so trying to sort that out before getting back to finishing speakers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got some sandable auto primer on there tonight, going to patch a couple blimuses and sand down to about a 600 grit then should be ready for paint

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Look good man. Yeah I think I just read about your axle issues on another thread. Hope you get everything sorted out. GL.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got all the wiring done and the Arctic cat green paint on, should have all put together this afternoon. Will post pics when done

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So got it all put together and working and running good, extremely loud! And all Bluetooth

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
Looks really good!

Reactions: racetex23

·
Registered
17 Posts
hello, I am wanting to build one of these boxes myself. Most of the ones I have seen have the actual head units in them, does this one run off of an auxiliary cord or Bluetooth? I am really interested in making one of these, would you mind giving me some helpful advice on accomplishing this project? I have use fiberglass on cars for patches but never anything like this.

Thank You,
Titanmonster2000:sure_ok:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just purchased a Bluetooth module that plugs straight in to the amp, that way it's sealed into the box with the amp. You could mold the box to fit a head unit but most people's phone do everything and more that a head unit can do, makes it a little easier and cheaper unless you just have a spare one sitting around you are itching to use. But I'm a beginner at the whole thing but any questions you have let me know and I'll try and help or point you in the Wright direction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
okay to begin with all you did was get the diameter of your speaker and build a stand so the speaker fits nice and tight in it right? I am wanting to initially have four speakers in mine as long as the funds allow it ha. but did you just have the amp in one of the boxes and run the wires over to the other box? and is it acceptable to use regular speakers?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
okay to begin with all you did was get the diameter of your speaker and build a stand so the speaker fits nice and tight in it right? I am wanting to initially have four speakers in mine as long as the funds allow it ha. but did you just have the amp in one of the boxes and run the wires over to the other box? and is it acceptable to use regular speakers?
So first I figured out what size and design I wanted my base to be, in my case I matched it to my front rack to it looked flush. Next I took my speakers and figured out where I wanted them positioned on the base and started working the stands. The amp is in the left box and the speaker wires are ran through wire lumen under the rack into the other box and just silicone in to make them water tight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just used some pine 1x12, nothing fancy. I sealed the bottom over with fiberglass as well so I figure you can use just about any kind of wood

1 - 20 of 21 Posts