Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the electrical people that understand the AC system way more than me I need your thoughts. So my sled is a 09 crossfire 600 EFI with Reverse. I am looking at wiring in my GPS along with a USB dash plug. So from reading the different options across all the different posts this is what I come up with. I want to tap into the ACC plug behind my steering post which is AC power since it has the yellow and brown wire. Now i want to do a Y harness off that so I can still keep my heated face shield on the AC current. Then the other side will go to a KOSO AC to DC converter then be wired to a small 12v battery. From there I will tap off the battery to power the USB dash plug and the hard wire going to the GPS for power. The idea is when i turn the sled off for a trail side break i dont want the GPS shutting off and losing my destination route. Then once the break is over i can hope back on the sled and it will slowly charge that battery back up. So my question to you is will this work!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To keep this thread updated since I was seeking help I’ll post my conclusion, the ACC plug is DC volts on this sled along with the majority of other things are all DC volts. So I popped the 15 amp fuse on the voltage converter by accident and found my gauge cluster would not work along with the sled started to run like **** at one point.

So I decided against going with a backup battery since I found out my internal gps battery is still good! Wiring the USB socket was a piece of cake! Just a simple 2 pin connector and ran it with wire loom along the main chassis harness to behind the speedo. Then just cut to length and crimped on 2 female spade connectors. The wires ran I made look factory even!

I plan on adding in a 5 amp inline fuse going to the usb socket. I thought I had one but couldn’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts