Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

disgusted w/ F7 handling

4487 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  jaydeem
after a weekend trip to Canada w/ some Revs, and a couple new Yamis, I have to say that I am sick of the handling on my F-cat. This sled takes SO much input to keep the skis on the snow in a corner and not roll that its simply exhausting! after 450+mi I just had nothing left, 2 50yr old guys were ahead of me all weekend. The straight line performance of this sled is awsome, suspension for jumping is great, but the body roll is just to much, if there was more snow on the ground it would have got traded in on monday!

Mike
1 - 1 of 12 Posts
slncapri is totally right here, too much ski pressure (handles like crap) or too little, no turning, doesn't work good with the firecats. Do what he said and check your toe in/out., I believe its the only thing he left out. You have one or the other, too much pressure or too little, firecats in stock from didnt want to turn, add studs and then it's worst, The stock carbides arent worth a hoot
ZR's will loll you to sleep, they handle so well that the rider doesnt need to give the sled any input. Firecats do need a little, but from what your talking about, you need alot. My firecats (2) handle great, very close to what a ZR did. Take a lot of measurements and ask some of us to compare, we'll gladly help.
My wife rides one on my (our) firecats, she loves it! Shaper bars YES ,4 wheel kit YES. If I can help, let me know.........tigger
1 - 1 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.