Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after buying a new H1 in October 2006 I find out yesterday that my dealer was having a going out of business sale.... Wow, that 2yr warranty ran out fast. I phone to ask what the hell was up with the closing and who will service my bike and I was told Arctic Cat will be opening another place just not in this building and they have no idea when!! Well needless to say I'm pissed!! The other closest dealer to me is roughly about a 5hr drive, which is way to far.. I'm not sure what to do from here, contact etc for Canadian customer service? I love my cat but this is BS, kinda defies the whole purpose of buying a new bike with a warranty when now I have noone to service that warranty....! NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Johnny:

Your warranty is with Arctic Cat. Not the dealer. The dealer would effect repairs but AC would pay the dealer for the warranty work performed. Now, in your situation, I would first recommend that you take it easy on the machine to minimize the necessity for unneeded repairs. If you do have a warranty issue, you should contact AC. If there is another dealer of any other brand (with good mechanics and reputation) I would check with them to see if they will work on your machine in the event of warranty work required. Many dealerships will fix any brand brought in for repairs. The problem is that you may have to do some financial manipulating to get warranty work done. Because the dealer is not affiliated with AC, you will have to be the go between the dealer and AC. You may have to pay the dealer then have AC repay you. Either way, make sure you contact AC and have them explain how you are to manage a warranty repair if it's required.
In the event that you must have work done on the machine, ensure you keep track of all the paper work etc. Best of luck. Let us know what AC has to say about this.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Thats the problem with Arctic cat, lousy dealer network, I just had my prefered AC dealer dump AC last week, now Im faced with dealing with the guy I didnt buy from and he is the only dealer for several hours from me too. Arctic cat has a good product but they should fire the guys who market them and get them main stream into powersports stores with yamaha and the others.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have 4 cat dealers within 30 miles from each other and there all multivendor dealors with the closet one a mile from my house being a yamaha dealer also. Its the dealers, not arctic cat.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah I guess that would make me furious too.

I guess living in MN you kinda take the dealer thing for granted. Within a 45 mile radius of my house I have 8 AC dealers that I can count off of the top of my head, and I'm sure there is 1 or 2 that I don't know about.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The 2 dealers nearest me are multi brands too. Ones a AC/Kawi. And the other is a AC/Yammi/Suzuki/Argo dealer.

It sucks that this happened to you. Curious as to see what cat is going to do for you.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I live in Mass. I have 1 dealer about 60 miles but the dealer I like and deal with is in New Hampshire named Troy Arctic Cat , their about 70 miles away. I bought 2 06 atv's and if I have an issue I can still ride, of course I didn't run this by my wife , she thinks the 400i is hers .

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Borat I know my warranty is with AC not that particular dealer, my issue is I am going to have neither in another 2 days.. Well my AC dealer told me they have no clue whats gonna happen, they don't know when a new dealer is gonna open? Wow, thats alot of help to me.. My problem is they should of told me they would be closing in another 3mths, you know they knew they were, this just doesn't happen over night! Hey, even if they told me from day 1 they would be closing but another would be opening I still might of bought the product, but this BS pissed me off.. I love my H1 but I'm sad to say in another month I may be driving a Brute Force 750...! This left a bad taste in my mouth with AC.........

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catmandooo @ Feb 7 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bought 2 06 atv's and if I have an issue I can still ride, of course I didn't run this by my wife , she thinks the 400i is hers .[/b]
slaphappy slaphappy slaphappy I like that!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hoopie @ Feb 7 2007, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have 4 cat dealers within 30 miles from each other and there all multivendor dealors with the closet one a mile from my house being a yamaha dealer also. Its the dealers, not arctic cat.[/b]
That might be the case up north, but down south, arctic cat most times gets stuck with the lawnmower and tractor companies, Im sure if arctic cat made it more profitable for main stream powersports stores to carry their units a lot would. It all boils down to profit margin, If AC paid dealers the same as they make selling other brands and also step up on paying warranty claims we would see Arctic cat take off in a big way. IMO

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
what is the closest dealer
topline?
and five hours isnt alot

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Our local canadian tire sold AC for a short time. They still service and sell parts for AC. I wonder if you can get your warranty work and parts through canadian tire if you have one closer than 5 hours. May be an option.

WC

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a powersports dealer about 15 miles from the house. They sell AC, Popo, and Bomb. Also sell Victory cycles. Quite a combination.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lmfao!! 5 hours isn't alot? WHAT! 5hrs there, 5hrs back.. then to pick up my bike for just a service call another 10hrs....! Yeah, what was I thinking, I must be blowing this out of proportion, 20hrs for a service call not bad at all, and I don't own a truck to boot!!

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
me and my dad drove nine hours one way to pick up his v-2

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So does you and your dad drive 9hrs each way to get service done on his bike? Probably not... The point is bud is I'm pissed b/c I shouldn't have to drive any farther then where I bought my bike. I would of liked to know AC was closing, even tell me when or if there will be another one opening, I ain't asking for much... They asked for 10g's when I bought my bike, that was all fine and dandy, now I'm asking for a lil service in return but I can't until another dealer opens....
PS anyone know the customer service number for AC in Canada b/c I'm getting nowhere with my dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
i know what u mean we have to go in to the city to get are service work done now
for our atvs

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (johnny1313 @ Feb 8 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So does you and your dad drive 9hrs each way to get service done on his bike? Probably not... The point is bud is I'm pissed b/c I shouldn't have to drive any farther then where I bought my bike. I would of liked to know AC was closing, even tell me when or if there will be another one opening, I ain't asking for much... They asked for 10g's when I bought my bike, that was all fine and dandy, now I'm asking for a lil service in return but I can't until another dealer opens....
PS anyone know the customer service number for AC in Canada b/c I'm getting nowhere with my dealer.[/b]

....good luck with customer service......sorry to hear about your trouble....dealers of ALL brands come and go, some stay around longer than others. Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood myself right now but, SELL THE DAMN THING and SHUT-UP!!!
Have a nice day,
AL

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for your .02 bud but heres your change... I thought these forums were a place to give and receive help? Not dicks giving there pointless rants and allowing them to vent worthless **** :turd: ..! Big Al thank fck bud not everyone on this site provides insight like yourself, wouldn't be a pleasant place to come for help if everyone answered forums that way. "I dont know which tire to choose, XL or XTR's"? Choose the damn XTR's and "shut up".. :moon:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts