Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a 1999 300 4x4. It runs great, that is, if u can get it started. It typically will crank up after about 10 to 15 minutes of trying to start it with a little help from some starting fluid. Once you get it started and run it for a minute or so, it will continue to start, but once it sets for around 3 to 4 hours it wont start again. Its almost like its flooded. I was hunting this weekend and once I got to my stand, it set for about 4 hours. It wouldn't crank. Luckily I was on a hill and I got it to roll start. I called a Arctic Cat service desk and they said it would be 2 weeks before they could look at it. Does anyone have an idea as to what it might be?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
the valves could need adjusted.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
no the specs might be on a label on the front of the frame. just need to be at TDC on the compression stroke and use a feeler gauge.

·
Registered
737 Posts
A.C. makes a valve adjustment tool that works very well and is easy to use. If you know the dealer well enough maybe you can rent it from him. Just ask him how to use it and make sure he gives you the correct one they are different from the 300 to the bigger bikes.

Hope this helps jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts