Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to buy a well maintaned 02 ZL 600 EFI SS vith low mileage. What's the difference between this sled and the ZR?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
shocks and track. basically same sled, front arm's look different and the shocks are different.

~Fast

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand the ZL is more trail-focused than the ZR. Can anyone confirm this? Is it less suitable for jumping and fun?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The spring rate is also different, thus the ZR can take more of a beating. I think the stock clutching is set up different but I am not sure, does any one know for sure?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stay with the zr, zl would be more of a well mannered trail sled, zr more Aggressive ride. SS ( smart ride) were known to have problems, not many sleds with SS.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 03 zl 800 and zr 900 and the rear skid is different ,Shock are cheap no rebuildable ones on the zl and the zr is a little lower to the ground for better handling.On the zl 800 and zr 800 the clutching and gearing is the same.The zl with the ss skid has had some problems with the eletric rear shock ,what I been told. They are harder on gas than a 800 or 900 too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts