Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my quads diff lock was acting up it was not going in sometimes, and then sometimes it would. sometimes it would go in but my lock light wasnt coming on. and other times i was getting a grinding noise from the diff when i try to use it. so i brought it to the dealer they said the cable needed to be adjusted and did this for me. they told me it was sometimes only partially engaging and thats why it was grinding. they checked it out the diff is fine. but now my diff lock works no prob. but my lock light isnt coming on. it came on for a sec the first time i checked it out when i got it back but now it wont at all. but i can feel it lock in. also i thought you couldnt take the quad out of 4x4 when the diff lock is on because i can and i never was able to before. thanks for any help oh its an06 400 auto

·
Registered
322 Posts
doesn't seem right that your bike comes out of 4wd while locked... i know that my bike automatically goes into 4wd when I lock it up (without hitting the button), same coming back out.

I know that locking up the front end is dependant on the load your driveline components are under. that's why some people have to move forward, or backwards abit to lock it in, depending on where they are at. If you look at it, you can see how the lock is adjusted, i'd just try to adjust it yourself. make sure all wires are good (no bare spots) and also, lots of people silicone up the diff actuator...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts