Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone played the troubleshooting game of Diff Lock not engaging and/or 4WD not working properly. I can punch the rocker switch and/or diff lock lever, and I hear the actuator moving in and out as if it is engaged. As you ride or start bike, it goes off. I thought there was a loose cable on diff lock lever but that seemed to mislead me to some degree. Front and Rear diff oil has been changed recently so not like its dry.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
could be a few things... worst case a stripped gear in your actuator. best case your lock cable may need to be adjusted. I've also heard of a spring in there that will kinda compress after a while. To fix, people have just taken the actuator off and stretched the spring back out and reinstalled.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i just went through this on my m/p come to find out the axle was walking in and out of the diff and when the diff lock was enguaged it would push the axle out and not lock in
i ended up replacing the c clip on the axle.

if yours is cable operated the cable may have stretched and need to be adjusted
you will need a 10mm wrench and adjust it down at the diff not the handlebars
my 07 650 h1 needed this adjustment roughly around 400 miles,
once the cable stretches its good to go

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just went through this on my m/p come to find out the axle was walking in and out of the diff and when the diff lock was enguaged it would push the axle out and not lock in
i ended up replacing the c clip on the axle.

if yours is cable operated the cable may have stretched and need to be adjusted
you will need a 10mm wrench and adjust it down at the diff not the handlebars
my 07 650 h1 needed this adjustment roughly around 400 miles,
once the cable stretches its good to go

How expensive was the c clip? Easy install?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts