Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 mud pro 700. Just put a set of outlaw 2's on it and since i have the 4.0's people have told me i need to put diff covers and a rear diff brace on it. I know rubberdown customs makes a cover but i cant find a brace. I guess i could fab one but it would be easier to buy one. Anyone else besides rubberdown make a cover?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is rubberdown the only people that make diff covers for these bikes?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Is it just the 4.0 gear bikes that break diffs? Or should I be worried?

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
What size tires?

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
You should be fine. I run 28" mst and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
ive run 29.5 on mine for 3 yrs /3500 miles
never had any diff issues,, just installed a catvos 6 in lift
only issue is melted 2 axle seals

the main thing ive seen is the rear diff wants to turn sideways
under severe load ,,which in return flexes the case and then they break
GWC made a real nice diff brace

·
Registered
26 Posts
Broke my rear diff last year put a rubber down custom diff cover on there and haven't had a problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
As far as I know, we are the only one making the diff covers for the front and rear of the ATV's and the rear for the Prowlers, HOWEVER, I am going to do an inventory count this week and have my web site guy put a notice on our site (when he gets homefrom his vacation) that they are being discontinued, once they are gone, they are gone.

We might be working on something new for your guys soon though. I have one of my team members that races a built 1000 t-cat and he wants me to make him what he calls a "hoop" to go around the rear drive shaft so if it does happen to blow a u-joint, it will be contained and not rip anything else to pieces caused by it flopping around uncontrollably.

·
Registered
2013 Mud PRO 1000, 30" zillas, EPI kit, Efi tune, Hmf pipe, cust fender guards, 30"LED bar.
11 Posts
As far as I know, we are the only one making the diff covers for the front and rear of the ATV's and the rear for the Prowlers, HOWEVER, I am going to do an inventory count this week and have my web site guy put a notice on our site (when he gets homefrom his vacation) that they are being discontinued, once they are gone, they are gone.

We might be working on something new for your guys soon though. I have one of my team members that races a built 1000 t-cat and he wants me to make him what he calls a "hoop" to go around the rear drive shaft so if it does happen to blow a u-joint, it will be contained and not rip anything else to pieces caused by it flopping around uncontrollably.
what is the purpose of the new cover, it adds strength ? as my rear case just exploded where the pinion gear meshes with the ring gear, case just tore in half..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts