Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just out looking for new quad as mine was ripped off in oct. sure is hard to decide i did love my cat. i was at the cat dealer and he was saying that artic cat may be coming out with a diesel powered quad any rumors to this?

ps. Its a toss up between another 500 cat or a 500 can-am. would love to see a shoot out between the too.

Keep the mud flying!!!

sorry for the double take

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The diesel is awhile away, and that engine is not a arctic cat, made for them in france I think. Can am is ok but alot are not that happy with their rear suspension, you can see reviews on the 650 AC and Canam in new dirt wheels mag. might give you some info. Hard to beat the 500 AC its a very good quad.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i don't think that the diesel is too far away, i would bet next year. the price is probably going to be over 10000 us i would bet or at least close to that. like was said the 500 cat is hard to beat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the diesel is a twin 700 side by side piston config. It will have a top speed of approx. 40 mph. It was originally developed for the military and will be on low supply for a while. They should be out around summer or sometime before. MSRP is 9299 I think but dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I read that it would have 18HP and was going to be marketed heavily in the European market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts