Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the chaincase out to replace my track, and I'm reassebling everything now. I just got the chaincase reinstalled and the chain and gears and the reverse assembly reinstalled.

Unfortunately, I forgot to reuse the plastic support block under the chaincase housing (d'oh!!). How important is this thing? If it provides critical support, then I'll go ahead and tear it all down again and reinstall it. But if it doesn't do much of anything, should I bother?

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
If you are talking about the block that I have circled below, that is a skid to protect the chaincase from cracking
say if you hit a stump or a big rock. Does it need to be in there to operate??? no, but if you hit something and crack the case, you will wish you had it in.
You can just loosen that bottom nut on the ear of the case, that is a carriage bolt that should slide out enough for you to worry that piece in.

PS, you don't need to remove the inner case half to change a track on the non diamond drive sleds.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, so it's just a bash plate and not used for chaincase support in any way, eh? I might loosen up the chaincase mounts and try to wiggle it in, then. However, since 99% of my riding is groomed trail and lakes, it doesn't sound like I'd miss it too much...

I blew the track out of my sled last year and it did a considerable amount of damage, so I took the inner chaincase cover off just to clean and inspect everything better.

Thanks for your response - :chug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts