Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've been upgrading parts on my 2010 700H1. I had ordered the brushguard for it listed on Arctic Cat's store part #1436-031. Pretty easy to install and fit great. Before I know it, I'm ordering the Deluxe Speedracks for it also. Uh Oh, yeah, I came to find out that the brushguard I bought won't work with the bigger deluxe speedracks, so I was searching again. After finding out that I need part number 0436-619, I decide to order it. I have been doing all my ordering from Paylesspowersportsparts.com because they're around the cheapest but also have free shipping for anything over $100, and that includes oversized items. Sadly, this last box is the first one I have had issues with.

It came with one side party tore open, and when I cut the tape on it, I realized that the metal staples holding the box closed had already been opened, meaning that this wasn't the first time the box has been opened. Upon inspecting the contents, I have the bumper and that is all, no c-clamps to go around the speeedracks and help mount the bumper. Not knowing whether they are supposed to actually come with the bumper or not, I continue on with my mission of getting this bumper mounted. It doesn't seem much different than the one I take off, just a slight difference in the angle of the speedrack support brackets. 30 minutes later of pushing, and prying, I decide its time to come back here. After finding a couple threads, I kind of think I got sent the wrong part in the right box. Here is a couple pictures of the two brushguards I have.

This is the part #1436-031:

This is part number 0436-619:

I came across a thread where someone had posted a picture of their 0436-619 and it seemed those two square brackets coming off from the brushguard were a lot shorter and fatter, at a less extreme angle. If anyone could post pictures of theirs to compare it to, it will give me some solid evidence for when I call back complaining about receiving a box that had been previously opened and the wrong part put back in it. I just know that my holes on the middle support mount for the bumper in front of the radiator are not lining up at all. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone needs, I have front and rear factory speedracks and a brand new brushguard! This cat only has 150 miles on it! :)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The front rack and the brush guard must be mated together.

Starting in 2008 they came out with the light weight rack that required the light weight rack version of the brush guard. The heavy weight front rack is optional replacement. The difference in the light weight rack there are no side speed rack attachment points, The rack is smaller and made from smaller tubing then the heavy weight version.

If you have a newer cat 2008 or newer with the light weight racks you need the light weight version of 2008 or newer of brush guard also. If you have the light weight rack and want the heavy rack with the extra attachment points you need to get the heavy weight rack and the mating brush guard the fits.

Easiest solution for getting heavy weight rack is just order a rack and brush guard that fits a 2006 or 2007 Cat and then it will fit a 2006 or 2007 brush guard also.

If you want light weight rack or have a light weight rack and need the mating brush guard. Then order the the guard that fits a 2008 or newer ATV. From the pictures you posted it appears you have a heavy rack and the light weight version of brush guard that would fit a light weigh rack with smaller diameter tubing. So you would need a brush guard that fits a 2006 or 2007 Cat. You could also get the grinder out and make it fit better.

PS in my opinion the light weight racks are JUNK They break easily and poorly welded only on the top where welds are visible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I understand there is a difference in them. I have the 2010 Arctic Cat. I then bought a brushguard for it, which fit the lightweight racks that I had on there just fine. My wife bought me the deluxe speedracks for a Valentine's Day present, with neither her nor I knowing that they wouldn't fit right with the brushguard that I had previously bought. I went outside, took off my small speedracks, and put the larger more sturdy deluxe speedracks on with the extra speedrack mounting points and but couldn't get the front to line up correctly. So I did my searching, found a brushguard from the older year, and ordered it. What you see in the second picture is what I received in the box, which was correctly labeled as a brushguard for the older years.

So do you agree that I received the wrong part? I'm just really irritated because if I did receive the incorrect part then I'm probably going to have to pay shipping to return for a mistake that wasn't my fault. But when I return home on Monday, the first thing I will be doing is contacting the website I ordered from. I wish I didn't live so far out in the boonies and had an actual dealer closer than two hours away that new what they were talking about, unlike the salesman at Bass Pro who barely knew anything at all about the Arctic Cats.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
So do you agree that I received the wrong part? I'm just really irritated because if I did receive the incorrect part then I'm probably going to have to pay shipping to return for a mistake that wasn't my fault. But when I return home on Monday, the first thing I will be doing is contacting the website I ordered from. I wish I didn't live so far out in the boonies and had an actual dealer closer than two hours away that new what they were talking about, unlike the salesman at Bass Pro who barely knew anything at all about the Arctic Cats.
Yes I would agree, if you ordered a front guard to fit the old stronger rack you got the wrong part.

I'd bet someone ordered a brush guard to fit the old style rack and returned the brush guard they had that fit the new style rack for credit. The result they got a free brush guard and you got screwed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wanted to provide an update to this thread. I was able to get Payless Power Sports Parts to agree to a refund if I return the part. UPS online quoted me about $65 to ship that size of a box back to them, and being about an hour away from the closest actual store, I couldn't get an actual price in store. Contacted PPSP back and they agreed to email me a shipping label and I was able to drop it off at a local farm store that UPS visits daily. In the end, I got my refund from that part and great customer service from Payless Power Sports Parts and will gladly use them for future purchase.

In the meantime, I located a front bumper, part number 0436-619 from Country Cat and ordered it from them. Cheap price, cheap shipping and I received the correct part and got it installed this afternoon!

Thank you for your help in answering my questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts