Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brought sled in for a crack in slide rail covered by cat . i also had fire come out of the pipe last ride last year not just a little i had to put it out. y pipe spring keeps breaking so i asked them to see why .
also the out side idlers got chewed up they said it was the studs so while they have the skid out i told them to put new slides on and new wheels keep in mind that the skid is out for the new rail and one wheel and 1 slide have to come off and back on anyways. go to pick up sled 217 bucks they said they coudn't find anything wrong so cat only paid for 1/2 i paid 30 put 1 slide on 20 bucks other wheel 20 bucks and the best won is the y-pipe spring that keeps breaking cost me 1.70 and 6.70 to put it on and one more thing was they looked at my plugs and exhaust valves wich i cleaned at the end of last season and cost me 30 more bucks . bought 3 y-pipe springs last year same one keeps breaking i ask so what do i do keep putting new one on every other ride and i get thats the way it looks. i been with this dealer for over 15 years . am i over reacting or should i look for a new dealer?

Rockerdude

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
From what I've heard the idler wheels don't hold up well. My 95 original ones are still holding up, and I've heard of many people replacing them on their 07's and 08's. Easy to blame things on studs but probably wouldn't make a difference. I guess they make it easy for you to not want to go back. I don't get why the spring keeps breaking. Try putting 2 on that side.

·
Registered
145 Posts
you could always put some rtv on the springs , just a dap down it .. this will prevent vibrations and cracking. old timer told me this trick
this will also help the guys that boondock and jump when the springs pop off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts