Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ready to put the diamond drive back together and wondering what everyone uses to seal the two halfs back together. the cat manuel says to use loctite sealant is that what works best or has someone found something better..

·
Registered
98 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corcey24 @ Nov 16 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ready to put the diamond drive back together and wondering what everyone uses to seal the two halfs back together. the cat manuel says to use loctite sealant is that what works best or has someone found something better..[/b]
threebond crankcase sealer 1164

·
Registered
895 Posts
I use Loctite 515 or 518
Both work very well.
Do an internet search to read up on it.
Can buy at autoparts store

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I used Arctic Cat black sealant from the dealer. Just make sure the surface is clean, & run a 1/8" nonstop bead around the entire surface & around the bolt holes. Let it set-up for a night inside (warm). Add the oil & let it rest on each edge for a while to see if you get any leakage. Flip it to the other side & do the same.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I heard that there is now a gasket made for the DD available from cat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes there is a gasket kit now. My 08 F8's DD leaked in the first year. Had it repaired by Cat dealership. Found it was leaking again in the second year. They now fixed it with a new gasket kit that came out by Cat for it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts