Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got out to try the 800 transplant on Tuesday and she ran like a top. Just needs some clutch work. I know there have been many discussions before I just wanted a little info on my setup. It is currently stock 01 clutching and is over revving to around 8k not sure what the top would be as I never put it all the way to the bar as it is just getting broke in. I have heard a lot of good things about Goodwin kits but was trying to save a couple bucks this year and put a kit in it next year. If I add the 70.5 weights that were stock in the 02's would that solve the rev issues? What hole should I have the secondary spring in?

I also have a Powerbreather and have not installed it yet. Is there a noticeable difference? What should I do for jetting or carb setup. Currently running 420's. Where do you mount it?
Or should I just bag it and take the shelf and horns out. I just don't want to have to worry about rejetting and reliability issues

Anyone try the D&D y pipe, heard it added 5hp but curious if it was worth the $$ (next year project).

Thanks for all who helped get his beast converted!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRBIGA @ Jan 18 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Finally got out to try the 800 transplant on Tuesday and she ran like a top. Just needs some clutch work. I know there have been many discussions before I just wanted a little info on my setup. It is currently stock 01 clutching and is over revving to around 8k not sure what the top would be as I never put it all the way to the bar as it is just getting broke in. I have heard a lot of good things about Goodwin kits but was trying to save a couple bucks this year and put a kit in it next year. If I add the 70.5 weights that were stock in the 02's would that solve the rev issues? What hole should I have the secondary spring in?

I also have a Powerbreather and have not installed it yet. Is there a noticeable difference? What should I do for jetting or carb setup. Currently running 420's. Where do you mount it?
Or should I just bag it and take the shelf and horns out. I just don't want to have to worry about rejetting and reliability issues

Anyone try the D&D y pipe, heard it added 5hp but curious if it was worth the $$ (next year project).

Thanks for all who helped get his beast converted![/b]
Goodwin kit hands down.............works perfect right outta the box. No need for the PB, 420's sounds about right but keep the shelf n horns in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i'm running a dd kit it has 81g have dd pipe and can very nice low end and mid revs to 7600 also have breather and running 450 i was running 400 before the breather and dd told me to up the jets to 450 and cap them off under 10 f . i think i could go down to 440 or 430 but i have not had time to fine tune it yet. lack of snow past 2 years. if you do use the breather i would keep an eye on the caps when cold 1 of mine would come off so i made some covers to hold the on. the sled is a monster you just have to wake it up good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts