Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at a 2004 F7 EFI sno pro. "All updates done.Extras, 2006 ECU program 2006 exhaust hand gaurds,tunnel grips,screen kit,ODS clutch kit,studs, new hyfax&studboy bars,polished tunnel,2005 seat upgrade" There are just under 4000 miles and he's asking $3695. What do you guys think? I'm new to Cat.... haven't ridden much in the last 6 yrs so I'm out of the loop. Think it's a decent deal?

Oh yeah, it's near Minneapolis, MN.

·
Registered
302 Posts
that sound like a good deal to me. my uncle just bought an 05 f7 for 4200 with 1100 miles on it. maybe try to talk him down a little bit more, but other than that it sounds like a great deal, decent miles, i'd go for it def.

·
Registered
575 Posts
last year i bought my 2005 F7 with 2500 miles for $2,000. i agree with trying to talk him down or see what he will throw in for his original price

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 11 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
last year i bought my 2005 F7 with 2500 miles for $2,000. i agree with trying to talk him down or see what he will throw in for his original price[/b]

Thats def. not an everyday sale.
2500-300 for an 04 is about right.

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigPoppa05 @ Nov 11 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 11 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last year i bought my 2005 F7 with 2500 miles for $2,000. i agree with trying to talk him down or see what he will throw in for his original price[/b]

[/b][/quote]

i got one hell of a steal didnt i? the sled probably should have gone for close to double or more! i couldnt believe it when i was told about the sled. i was hoping it was a green sno pro but it was a red standard and carbed. nothing with carbs in my mind. i love this sled. people keep asking me how much i want for it and i laugh and say not for sale. firecats are amazing, im holding onto this one for a long time i think!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 11 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigPoppa05 @ Nov 11 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

i got one hell of a steal didnt i? the sled probably should have gone for close to double or more! i couldnt believe it when i was told about the sled. i was hoping it was a green sno pro but it was a red standard and carbed. nothing with carbs in my mind. i love this sled. people keep asking me how much i want for it and i laugh and say not for sale. firecats are amazing, im holding onto this one for a long time i think!!
[/b][/quote]

For that deal i wouldnt really care what color it was lol. The red 05s looked pretty cool imo tho. The flames balanced it out real nice

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecat26 @ Nov 11 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (djwustr @ Nov 11 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigPoppa05 @ Nov 11 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

For that deal i wouldnt really care what color it was lol. The red 05s looked pretty cool imo tho. The flames balanced it out real nice
[/b][/quote]

i didnt mind the color eaither for that cheap. it actually matches my truck that i pull the sled with lol. the red is rare here in WI so it that much better to me. i really loved it once i rode it out on the trail in the twisties and on a long flat chunk of land, the apv and the act drive is fantastic! sled is the best ive ever been on and owned. i came from a zr 600 so this was one hell of a difference for me, but with one year under my belt i love the sled and know what to expect from it when riding hard. handles like a dream and accelerates like nothing ive ever been on and ride beautiful. i call it the red rocket lol. from what i gather all F7's are rockets, even stock!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. I got a few more pics. I'm going to see what I can get him down too. This is about 1k more than I wanted to spend but once I started doing research on the f7s.....I just don't think I can say no.

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rossi521 @ Nov 11 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for the input. I got a few more pics. I'm going to see what I can get him down too. This is about 1k more than I wanted to spend but once I started doing research on the f7s.....I just don't think I can say no.[/b]

You wont be disapointed in the F7, the F7 will be the best thing you ever did! one of the best sleds arctic cat ever made!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
The 04 is the chain case model. So no worries about the diamond drive. Get the price down a little. Nice sled. Peace,beeler

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (beeler @ Nov 11 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The 04 is the chain case model. So no worries about the diamond drive. Get the price down a little. Nice sled. Peace,beeler[/b]

theres nothing wrong with act (diamond) drive, just about all new cats out there use it now. its tough and hasent given me or anyone i know problems. ACT all the way

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I convince myself to buy it..... wasn't that hard to do. So I have the phone in my hand, open up my email to get the phone number to tell the seller i'm going to buy it and I see he has emailed me.

"Just wanted to let you know I sold the sled. Had a guy show up with cash when I got home from work tonight."

Ha. Typical. I don't know how many time's I've read about this happening to other people. Guess it wasn't meant to be, hopefully that mean's I'll find a better one....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just found my new (used) F7 by placing a "WANTED" ad on craigslist. Like you, somebody was always beating me to the sale. My wife placed the ad- and while i thought it was a waste of time, she was getting emails within an hour of people offering their machines. Worked really well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts