Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This story was 1st noticed on the Escapees RV forum, but has enough merit for it to be widely posted on all outdoor enthusiast forums. The USFS is showing its true colors when it put a killer poison in the forest and then doesn't tell people. Please be aware of anything different in the countryside.

Lurking------Death on the trails

An ATV riders close call.

What to look for.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
WOW! Thanks for the post, I've never even heard of such a thing. I don't understand how the govt. could allow something like that to be used where anyone could come into contact with it. Unbelievable! Dog

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
that is insane, and I bet a bunch of hippies would protest if they just put on a coyote hunt or encourage some trappers to trap the area instead. at least with trapping or hunting the hides would be used

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
WOW holy crap, do they use them here in MN? witch states are using them? Or is it all of them? Thanks for the heads up on this crap, I am one of those people who goes, OOOO that looks interesting, lets kick it or run it over. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sindelir @ Jun 7 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WOW holy crap, do they use them here in MN? witch states are using them? Or is it all of them? Thanks for the heads up on this crap, I am one of those people who goes, OOOO that looks interesting, lets kick it or run it over. Thanks for the heads up.[/b]
I sent the news service a question on where these are located but really doubt I get a reply and no need to ask the USFS, as they will claim that it is a need to know basis only. I would think the people who might end up dead, would have a need to know. LOL

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
WTF? Thats insane. A disaster for a curious toddler. :eek:

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mods, is there any way this article can be made a sticky, so all will have a chance to read it and it doesn't get buried by time? I feel that it is imperative we get the information out to all who ride in areas, that may have these lethal projectiles planted by our government, so maybe we can save just one life. The government has no concern for our well being, as we ride off road, only the ranchers profit margin.

Lurking-----Death on the trails

An ATV riders close call

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I did a quick search on "Predator Poison", and judging by the first page of results, this is legit.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Texan @ Jun 9 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mods, is there any way this article can be made a sticky, so all will have a chance to read it and it doesn't get buried by time? I feel that it is imperative we get the information out to all who ride in areas, that may have these lethal projectiles planted by our government, so maybe we can save just one life. The government has no concern for our well being, as we ride off road, only the ranchers profit margin.

death on the trail[/b]
Done! Dog

·
Registered
94 Posts
all of the crap thats out there now , i cant believe they let this happen ,what ever happened to pick up a gun and go hunting for some yots . dont get me wrong i will shot a coy in a heart beat and i have hunted on ranches here in texas that are state managed and they handle the preds. there and you now in 6 years i never heard a coyote ,in texas you can be in san antonio and hear coyotes they are everywhere .this realy makes me think about that i never cared about how they did it i just thaught they baited for them ?????? to me thats not humane at all and they should be held acc. for it . the earth first folks would blow a gaskett on something like this . it really sucks someone got hurt by it ,he will never see anything come out of it either .

·
Registered
15 Posts
what ever happend to "if it aint yours, dont touch it"?
chances are he was trespassing. I agree there should be nothing to kill someone out like that. but from my understanding they got them deep in the woods. And anyone who lets their curious todler wonder like that is asking for trouble anyway.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bsm78 @ Jun 15 2008, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what ever happend to "if it aint yours, dont touch it"?
chances are he was trespassing. I agree there should be nothing to kill someone out like that. but from my understanding they got them deep in the woods. And anyone who lets their curious todler wonder like that is asking for trouble anyway.[/b]
Sorry, but there is no way I can even think of agreeing with you, as this was on public land, so there was no way he was trespassing. They are planted all over the country, on any land that the US Government feels needs predator control, land that is for public use, so how can you trespass on that land. Also, you need to re-read the toddler comment, which was an adult calling himself a toddler, but that aside, there have been reported sightings of these killers within easy walking distance of dispersed camping areas on public lands, so yes, unsupervised children could very easily get into them.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Years ago here in Colo. they used to put up sign nearby. I was tought, that if you see that yellow warning sign, watch what you touch, sorry to hear a about the dude in Utah though...........

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hope thing like that are not here in the desert in souther cail how do i find out thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts