Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i called my closestcat dealer to gt my ECU tested..and they told me i would have to bring entire sled and it would be around $85 to test it!! Why would they need the whole sled dont they just plug it into a scanner? $85 seems alittle much for this?

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Sounds about normal. Always have been that way since 1993 when the ext used the first ecu. Charging you an hour rate, testing the components that also work with conjuction with the ECU. So the dealer is their job correctly.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i agree with mikef7. dealer rates are crazy these days.

it's the same kind of thing at a GM dealership. I wanted to bring my car in to read an engine light code and he told me it would cost $138 for 10 mins of work. what a joke. needless to say he doesn't get my business anymore. took it to another dealer the next town over and it cost me $38.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Yup take the whole sled, they plug in the ECU if it is fine they have another 55 minutes to diagnose the problem for you. Dealers get the my ECU is bad all the time from garage mechanics, just test it. When they test the ECU it is fine, 9 out of 10 times. Problem ends up being bad ground, bare wire touching metal, bad coil, bad stator, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts