Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well never thought id say this but the firecat left me stranded last night was going down the road and it started running rough and everything just shut off it started to seize but i pulled it over easy a couple of times and the seize went away (dont know the extend of the damage) but i pulled it over good once and it started so i shut it right off. didnt make no grinding or nothing so i hope i just got a hole in the piston. any tips on rebuilding? i havent tore it down yet i was told to use wiseco pistons, any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey this is a little late but go with artic cat parts pricey but quality is there just rebuilt mine 04 f7 with all articcat parts. it had a rebuild before with wiseco and winderosa gaskets base gaskets are paper and articcat are the proper stamped steel. My local guy who rebuilds all the time told me the same.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a set of wiseco forged pro lite pistons with a polydine coating and wiseco sent me the stamped metal gaskets with it, not saying theres anything wrong with arctic cat pistons but i never go back to oem when its done its done time to try something else my buddy threw wisecos in his sled and hes went 5 years without a rebuild and it still pulls over hard has plenty of compression. and ive used winderosa gaskets on both my 250rs and never had a problem with them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts