Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to the event organizer: tentative classes are the usual 440-open class. Stock, improved and Prostock. Trail stud and pick/chisel classes. They also have a form where you choose what turbo options you have such as stock turbo, stock turbo with a kit on it, aftermarket turbo ect.. They will also have a "current" and "non-current" class option I assume so guys can also run vintage. Track is only 400 feet long and they say they smoothed/leveled it out. It does NOT have a clay starting line. There is 1000 foot shut down. There is NO timer system. There is just a go light with volunteers at the finish line to announce the winner. You can camp there the night before and I also assume the day of the event. They want to keep this event fun and classes will depend on how many racers and types of sleds they have there. They will have classes for trail sleds with trail studs and classes with picks/chisels in the track. They will adjust classes so everyone has a class to run in. There is no index racing (a sled gets 1, 2 or more lengths at the starting line). They will have lots of food, drink and beer on the spectator side. There is a large pavilion to eat under. No alcohol is allowed in the pits. Grudge racing will be allowed after class racing is finished. They want to make this an annual event. They did this a few years ago and it is a great venue and a fun time. It's laid back and a very common sense run event. He stated that if there are enough entries there might be some $ payback for winners but it is primarily a fund raiser for the Knights of Columbus. They had 100 total entries the last time they had it in 2011.

·
Super Moderator
8,264 Posts
i sent my friends a message about this one. If a bunch of drunks show up with a a couple ragged out phazers i probably know them

·
Super Moderator
8,264 Posts
Genesee county locals?? If so, pm me,,,, I know of a few of those, lol!

hahaha o yeah my cousins and buddies back home. you probably do not know those guys. when I say ragged out phazer I mean ragged out like they pull it out of the weeds, spray wd-40 on the clutch to free it up and hope it starts. If it dose not start they sell it at the side of the road and get another one that is just a crappy. One year they put 500 miles on one in the summer. They do know the hack brothers though as one worked at ray c's for a while and they buy all their ski duds from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts