Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to put new rollers in, is it hard or easy to get the clutch cover off? any tips would be great.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had to take the floor piece off and take apart the brake to get at the clutch. The clutch itself if i remember right the cover just slipped off and there were the rollers and i swaped them out. What rollers are you putting in there? how does that HMF pipe work out for ya? I got one but i havnt put it on yet.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yes remove the floor piece and the lid should squeeze out.... which pipe do you have ??? HMF or the HMF penniline line.....

I cant decide between speedwerx or one of the HMF series I dunno

BM...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I Have an HMF but i have not put it on yet because i am waiting for the CDI box from VDI so that i can tune my fuel air mixture so taht my engine doesnt get hot or anything on me. I debated between the 2 pipes also but i decided to go with HMF Utility series. It was cheaper and they both had the packing and seemed realativly about the same. I heard the HMF is pretty loud but i guess i will see when i put it on. Should be in a month or so then i will let you know.

How does the Dalton Clutch kit work out for you? I got a speedwerx clutch kit and have noticed a nice ammount of midrange power but i was wondering how the other kits matched up with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The dalton is a pain in the neck. you have to press out the original metal inserts without breaking the plastic rollers. Good luck. I only got 6 out of 8 and had to order the other two. The speedwerx kit comes with new plastics all put together, very slick and easy, also the speedwerx has smaller rollers for better acceleration with bigger tires. I'm stuck with the dalton for now but may go with the speedwerx kit later if I'm not satisfied with my acceleration. If I had known then what I know now, I would have bought the speedwerx setup. Right now my wheeler is torn apart waiting for new rollers, very unsatisfying. check this link.http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56689

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
How does the Dalton Clutch kit work out for you?[/b]
personally, not happy with it at all.... I have 1 more hole to try on my secondary and if I dont see a improvement for my low end, its coming out and ordering a speedwerx to try....

BM...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the HMF utility with no quiet core and its loud , but not TOO loud. I put a snorkel on the pipe...way too loud. Had to take the snorkel off. Going to order the quiet core. Hope it makes a difference. I think I am going to return my Dalton kit. Does anyone have any other kits besides the Dalton or Speedwerx??? Highlifter makes an outlaw clutch kit. Does anyone have one of those? EPI clutch kit????

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blackmax why are you not impressed about the dalton?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saskcat420 @ Mar 23 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
blackmax why are you not impressed about the dalton?[/b]
simple reason........ no gains at all.......... I ran same time and gps speed in 300' and 600'...... the bike pulled the same.... no difference in pulling power that I can tell... I was expecting alittle more gain in low end power....

BM...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Speedwerx is the way to go. That is one thing about the other suppliers of add ons is that since they make stuff for everything else there is no way for them to actually test completly what they have designed. But with talking to speedwerx they only deal with a few ATV. And Cats are their specality. They are not the fastest to get a product developed but when it does come out you know its been tested again and again. What they make works. For a 27inch or more tires you will need the rollers and spring....

·
Registered
48 Posts
pc not working too good today, I meant to say I called speedwerx to see if they have a clutch kit for a 2007 TRV H1, they said no, not yet. My question to you guys is if the h1 is the same now as it was in 2005 why wouldn't any h1 clutch kit work for my TRV?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
secondary is a different set up, so werx only has a kit for 05 models.... now they are working and testing 06-07 models....

BM...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts