Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone need some advice before i start throwing money around. Looking at buying a D&D Y-Pipe for my 2006 XFire 700 and already have a Speedwerx single pipe with a MBRP can. I have done no fuel adjustments yet and do have the speedwerx clutch kit. Can i throw on the Y-Pipe without having to buy a boondocker control box? Don't have the money for the control box right now. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am not an expert but I have read lately a lot of posts on this topic. From what I have learned ya, your going to have to bite the bullet on the Boondocker. You may want to check a bit more on this site. Hope that helps. What elevation do you most sled at? That has a lot to do with it also.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You will not need a controller with the Speedwerx pipe on a 600/700 sled.

The y-pipe and can should not need one either. The only reason you may need one is to clear up the bog or hesitation created by the can @ 4500-5000 rpm.

On top of that if you are adding the y-pipe to add hp save your $$$$ a y-pipe does nothing on the 600/700 cc engines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a reason the Y-Pipe doesn't add any power on the 600/700 motors? But if the Boondocker is the only way to make big power then ill just buy the boondocker and leave the stock Y-Pipe. If anyone has any input on making more power I would deffinetly appreciate the advice. Thanks for all the advice so far!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You can do alot of mods on the 700's with out needing a controller.

Spx single pipe
clutch kit
intake
timing key
sleeper head kit
ported cyls

Just need to run premium 91 + octane fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, sounds like a need to do some more research. I have read a couple of things on this site about the timing key but don't really know a whole lot about it. Already have the single pipe and the clutch kit, just need to figure out now what my next step needs to be. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaMick85 @ Nov 13 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow, sounds like a need to do some more research. I have read a couple of things on this site about the timing key but don't really know a whole lot about it. Already have the single pipe and the clutch kit, just need to figure out now what my next step needs to be. Thanks for all the help![/b]
howed this clutch kit work for ya.... thinkin about puttin the 10.4 kit on my crossfire but if i can get alot out of just the clutch kit i might not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts