Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have many people delt with them in alberta at dons speed parts??? i found them a rip off. they sent me some 75g weights i asked them for non set screw for my 03 zr 900. they were listed at $85usd on the internet site. they send me set screw ones with no bushings. and they worked out to be 130 canadian! there answer was. well go to youre nearest cat dealer and spend 10 bucks a bushing. so im into these weights for 160 and some now. i said howd 85 USD turn into 130 canadian???????? with an exchange rate of 1.20 on the high days. his excuse "thats how it is". i dont know but in my mind RIP OFF ARTISTS. ive ordered many things from usa and never got an exchange right like Dons Speed parts uses. let alone have to run around and get bushings for a new set of weights that shoulda had them. hope others have had better luck than me!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I've bought some D&D clutching stuff from them. Yes they charge more for D&D stuff than just the D&D price plus exchange. A helix cost me $64 CDN and some springs were $32 ea. I never questioned it because I had it in a couple of days vs from D&D would probably take a couple of weeks. You have to remember that they have some extra overhead getting the D&D stuff shipped up to them.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
never ordered from them and probably never will now....

BM...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i just think that $80 some usd turning into 130 canadian is severe. they are a d&d dealer so im sure there not paying d&d's list price. there jsut being a typical canadian company and trying to rip us off!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i purchased my clutch kit thru them and no problems at all. They were all very courteous when i phoned to order it also.

·
Registered
780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zekenater @ Jan 27 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
have many people delt with them in alberta at dons speed parts??? i found them a rip off. they sent me some 75g weights i asked them for non set screw for my 03 zr 900. they were listed at $85usd on the internet site. they send me set screw ones with no bushings. and they worked out to be 130 canadian! ...[/b]
Your answer should be; I paid for non-set-screw-weights and was sold the wrong parts; full refund including shipping immediately please. Don't settle for the wrong parts... ever. I certainly hope you paid on a credit card... if so, they will back you on this. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts