Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to pin the throttle from a stopped position, I get a bad bog around the 4000 rpm range. To correct it I let off the gas then pin it again. My digitron reads 900 degrees on the pto side and 1020 degrees on the mag side. When the sled pulls hard the readings are with in 50 degrees of each other.

I am running my boondocker on the D&D high elevation program at about 3000ft elevation. It will also bog on the low elevation program.

I am running a 36 helix with a red primary spring and maroon secondary spring. I need help to solve this problem.

Do I need a higher pressure regulator, perhaps a 54 psi? Would a different boondocker program help?

Would a different clutch set-up change things?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My BB did that also when new, which ended up being too much oil. 2 turns out on the oil pump solved, it but you need to check the ratio before making that adjustment. If your in the 35:1 range it isn't oil.
So!
Take 1 point away on your 3k mid/hi, and 5k mid/hi, and take 1 point on the trim at both these RPM. Your program is probably rich in the 5k as thats where these sleds get hot. If your Mag is too hot after reducing the fuel, you can add a point back and take more trim to lean the PTO side out.
For clutching: What elevation are you at, what pipes, what weights, and what RPM does it spin?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, Thanks for the info, I will give it a try. The pipe i am running is D&D high flow single pipe. With 68 gram weights I rev out at 8150 rpm. I use a red primary spring, and a maroon secondary spring with a 36 degree helix. When you do a adjustment on the trim using the boondocker box. Will this adjustment only affect the pto side? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Trim effects PTO side, negative=less fuel, so if your mag is hot you can add a point to the normal table, then adjust trim for your pto side.
To keep your original setup just copy that program to another menu, then make your adjustments. This way you always have your baseline program to refer back to.

What RPM is that single supposed to rev at? I run the BB 800 and it tached 8100 with twin pipes at 10k+ elev with 63# weights. I now run the speedwerx single pipe and tach 7900 with 67.5# weights. 8100 rpm just seems a little high for a 900/single (I could be wrong).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello: According to D&D Dyno it shows the sled at 8200 rpm at 173 hp. If you go on the D&D web sit it under tech info, it shows the programs and dyno results. I have 2 degree timing key, v force reeds, single pipe and trying to figure out witch can to run. Maybe I will try the MBRP. But as soon as I get a chance I will play with the programing. And see how it works. Thanks you have been so helpfull. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.