Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a barely used D&Dpipe and chip for my Powder Special and which it says must run 91 or higher octane but it also says "If fuel with ethanol is used Ethanol chip must be used to prevent engine damage/failure." So my question is this the wire on the ECU you plug/unplug for ethanol and non ethanol fuels? Does anyone have a pic of which wire it is and can I use 91 octane or higher with 10% and 20% ethanol with this pipe and chip? Thanks everyone Rockerdude

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had a d&d chip and pipe on my 98 I ran any fuel through it and never had a problem even 87 octane and i've gone 1000's of mile like that. that plug your talking about unpluged is for fuel with ethanol.98 don't have this plug- 99on do.I't will tell you on top of you computer how do it and witch wires.You have to be careful when buying these chip their for certain years gotta match your year and symbol a 2000 chip won't work in a 98 or 99 it'll run but it will cut out at certain rpm. i have that problem now i put a 2000 zl comp and stator in my 98 and can't use my pipe and chip in it any more i need to find a chip for a 2000. so buy chance if you got a chip and pipe from a 2000 and you have a 98 then we need to talk about switching chips lol.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have to run high octane? So I'm just separating 2 wires? Anyone have a pic of which wires? Nope I got a square ecu chip for a 98 600, came off a guys ZR and there's only a few hundred miles on the setup

·
Registered
565 Posts
has for your fuel i ran 87 never had a problem always ran strong if it says run 91 i'd probably run 91 if it will keep your mind at ease.I'm not saying running 87 is the right choice but i got away with it for years never had engine problems yet.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually use 91 anyway piece of mind for me, did your pipe and chip liven the sled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.