Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 06 f7 back to dealer yesterday . after 103 miles I pulled the y pipe to notice slight scratching on cylinder walls. Piston looks perfect except for some blow-by. Cannot catch a nail on scratches. they are vertical. check engine light flashed a few times in the first 103 miles telling me it was getting warm never stayed on solid though.I pulled the exhaust off my 2003 cr250 to compare the cylinder walls to the f7. cr250 cylinder walls still look brand new. no scratches. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Dont know if this is normal for the suzuki 700. Also checked compression before I took it in 124, 129 warm 134, 139 cold

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, this happens often. No problems yet if you can't catch a nail in the scratch. Just make sure the side cooler tubes are warm before you drive off and you won't have any problems with cold seizing it. Also, after that smoke break on the trails, let it warm up before pinning it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked my 1999 zr 600 , 2400 miles, this evening with the same compression gauge 130 both sides cold, well i guess i'll see what the dealer tells me tomorrow. Thank you for your reply nhsnopro!

G

·
make sure you are warming it up before you ride, sounds like a mild cold seize. pistons warm and swell alot quicker that the cylinders, causing them to rub and sometimes seize in the bore. Warm up is VERY important on a two smoker due to swelling and proper atomization of the oil with the fuel/air. The oil will flow into the eng more like droplets than a mist and not spread and lube properly my2cents

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas. talked to dealer today he is talking with tech line at factory and waiting for their reply on the issue. That is all the info he has for me at this time I really like the sled hope I dont regret buying it. Paid 7200 out the door quite a bit cheaper than the new offerings from ski doo , yamaha. If this issue doesnt turn out to my liking I am going to put the f7 and zr 600 on the trailer and sell the whole package. take my money and buy 2 rev xp 800 for next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.