Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I want to rebuild my 95 ZR700 this winter. Maybe the whole top end. I heard of some company in Quebec that can rebuild jugs to spec . I want new to install new standard pistons. Any info on Canadian companies would be appreciated. I dont want to ship them down south .

I also saw Wiscoe sleeve kits listed on ebay for my sled// Anyone have any success stories with these? :help

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome..Yup, thats the place i heard of. I just noticed that one of our sites sponsors does cylinder plating also.. Millennium Technologies and they have a distributer in Manitoba .. I will compare prices .

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The price at Millennium will be the same. Your local dealer should offer the same price on a cylinder exchange and you can get them from other aftermarket sellers like Rec Supply. My dealer used Millennium out of Manitoba and the last cylinder I needed I got from Rec Supply because it was quicker at that time.
Rec Supply

·
Registered
216 Posts
D&D racing has a Canada operation. They have a salvage dept. as well. Their web address is www.ddracing.com, and their Canada phone # is 1-800-431-2287 or 780-842-2587. Might want to check them out. They do have a pretty good reputation for knowing what they are doing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Millenium has come down alot in price in the last few years. I was looking at $800.00 for both pots WITH old cores exchanged on my old 1996 Z440.

Might be out of luck though with Millenium - just found this post on the HCS site:

"No one in Manitoba does cylinders any more since Millennium shut the doors in Stoney Mountain. Fast Enterprises is now the Canadian rep for Millennium Cylinder Technologies, they stock alot of cylinders or can send yours out to be repaired."

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/lofi...hp/t407316.html

If FAST doesn't have your set in stock, likely pricey if they have to send to IL to get replated, but call and find out.

You also may want to see if any of the US dealers are having fire sales on old stock. Might be able to pick up a shiny new set of cylinders for the same as a replate.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like Millennium and CVtech are comparable in price..They both want 300 a jug.

·
Registered
345 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
My dealer was the same price and had in stock.[/b]
Was this new or replated?

Looks like Millennium and CVtech are comparable in price..They both want 300 a jug.[/b]
BTW, Cat Bargains (Country Cat) has these new on sale.

http://www.countrycat.net/pages/customcata...er-3004458.aspx

They don't list a 1995 ZR700, but AC shows the same P/N for your year/model:

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/frame.cg...arts/index.html

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think if I come across OEM cylinders and piston/rings on sale for my Z, I'm gonna snag them. New pots for mine were almost $500 each 5 years ago. I'm going to have the sled for awhile, so I figure its worth it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Replating is fine too. Just make sure you have a good cross hatch pattern before assembly.
Theres a fellow I deal with out by Garson that has a bunch of good used stuff if you need

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
The replated cylinders are as good as new. Don't waste time or money looking for, or waiting for brand new factory cylinders. it seems $300 CDN with core is the going rate no matter who is replating them, for cylinders up to around 350 cc's. Bigger cylinders are likely a bit more.

·
Registered
216 Posts
D&D has an exchange program. IF I remember correctly, my 800 cylinders were 250 each exchanged.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The replated cylinders are as good as new. Don't waste time or money looking for, or waiting for brand new factory cylinders. it seems $300 CDN with core is the going rate no matter who is replating them, for cylinders up to around 350 cc's. Bigger cylinders are likely a bit more.[/b]
True, but why would one get replated cylinders for $300CDN when you can buy new ones for $199US? Just asking....

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whitefish @ Nov 19 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
My dealer was the same price and had in stock.[/b]
Was this new or replated?

Looks like Millennium and CVtech are comparable in price..They both want 300 a jug.[/b]
BTW, Cat Bargains (Country Cat) has these new on sale.

http://www.countrycat.net/pages/customcata...er-3004458.aspx

They don't list a 1995 ZR700, but AC shows the same P/N for your year/model:

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/frame.cg...arts/index.html
[/b][/quote]

OMG..they are 199 new..Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts