Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Second Reply Looking for large "C" clip shown in image 11

Thought I had the right part from previous reply but ended up being wrong part. In picture #11 it shows the removal of the large wire"C" clip that holds the inner axle cv joint race into the front differential.

Can't seem to get the part # from Cat or any where else.

It's a wire retaining clip measuring 2 1/4 " in diameter.

1996 Bearcat 454.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
why does Babbits suck?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
hello? dead thread?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
oops...... thread too old. my bad.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, I'm new here and this is my first question. I replaced an outboard boot today but I could and did not see anyway to disassemble the outboard end of the axle so I could clean and lube. How does that thing come apart? I know it was put together someway, but I didn't want to force anything not knowing exactly how it comes apart. I saw a post above where the guy said he did it, so I know it is possible. HELP!! And thanks. Got more to do.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
you tube it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I don't know diddly, but sometime when my quad is older, ill have to learn. I think the axles are held into the diffs with some kinda "circlip". I looked on you tube and ya just givem a helluva yank and they pop out. then, when re-installing them, givem a couple slaps with a rubber mallet. I "think" its all about the compressable circlip that retains them in the diff. Hope it helps ya, lots of smart experienced guys on here, but sometimes ya gotta do a lil homework on yur own. good luck, lemmme know if ya got it man....

·
Registered
12 Posts
AC 250 4x4

Thanks and yes I got the axle out of the differential and disassembled the inboard bearing after removing both boots, but I need to disassemble the outboard bearing on the spindle end to clean and lube. There are not any c clips or snap rings visable, but that thing was put together somehow. There may be an internal c clip like in the diff. I just need to no before I tear up something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks and yes I got the axle out of the differential and disassembled the inboard bearing after removing both boots, but I need to disassemble the outboard bearing on the spindle end to clean and lube. There are not any c clips or snap rings visable, but that thing was put together somehow. There may be an internal c clip like in the diff. I just need to no before I tear up something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Check this one out:

It helped me out. I just finished taking mine apart today too, just needed a couple good taps on the inner race. Just don't use a steel punch. Now I'm not sure how to tell if they are worn out and need to be replaced or if they are good to be put back together...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
thanx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
cv boot replacement

Hey guys! New to the arctic chat and need some help. I busted a boot at the left rear inner and would like to know if this information will do what i need it to in order to replace mine. I currently own a 2009 arctic 550 H1 and love it. i looked for a how to video on you tube but it is for a different model. Any help please would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
AGAIN
I have a 2009 Arctic Cat 550 H1 thank you in advance

·
Administrator
40,675 Posts
If the pics were posted using photobucket there is nothing we can do. Try contacting the original poster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Used this guide today to replace all my boots. Helped a ton! On the back left axle, I couldn't get it to disconnect from the differential, so I cut the boot off and took the big circle clip out and just removed that part. Granted I couldn't clean the entire axle as well as I wanted since I left a part on the machine, but at least the boot isn't cracked anymore.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts