Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just kindof browsing on ebay motors and came across a set of piston rings that say they fit all 1000 tripples and the zr700 and 1004 tripple big bore setups that run zr700 cylinders and pistons. this made me think now if you can put zr700 cylinders and pistons on a 1000 tripple..... would it be possible to put a pair of 1000cc tripple cylinders and pistons on a zr700 to convert it to the case reed induction?.....also do you think it would make more power or be faster then a zr700 with stock cylinders and pistons? im figuring theres probably a reason that it wouldnt work but i just thought i would ask because i was curious.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It depends. Engine cc is calculated using the bore and stroke. You can get the same cc on one engine with a big bore and small stroke, and another with a small bore and big stroke. If you have a 1000 triple and a 700 twin with the same stroke, then the 700 bore will actually be bigger than the 1000 bore. So if that is the case, then putting the 1000 cylinders on a 700 would make it smaller, like a 666cc or something. I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D&DZR700 @ Feb 8 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i was just kindof browsing on ebay motors and came across a set of piston rings that say they fit all 1000 tripples and the zr700 and 1004 tripple big bore setups that run zr700 cylinders and pistons. this made me think now if you can put zr700 cylinders and pistons on a 1000 tripple..... would it be possible to put a pair of 1000cc tripple cylinders and pistons on a zr700 to convert it to the case reed induction?.....also do you think it would make more power or be faster then a zr700 with stock cylinders and pistons? im figuring theres probably a reason that it wouldnt work but i just thought i would ask because i was curious.[/b]
Won't work. The carbs on a big block tripple plug into the case not the cylinder like on the ZR 700.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea it all makes sense... i never thought about that either that the tripple has the carbs going into the case. thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts