Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay...well maybe this is not Z-chasis specific...but Arctic Cat nonetheless...I went to the Novi show this weekend and gave the Crosstec helmet a good look...it looks like a bada** helmet IMO...but seems very heavy and the fit was not the greatest...does anyone have one? any thoughts? opionions?...if not crosstec what have you guys enjoyed? fullface...motocross style?...thanks guys.

Enjoying the site :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't know about the AC helmet but I have the Bombardier modular helmet and I love it. I got the all black one and you can't really tell it's a Ski-Doo helmet unless you look real close. The flip down sun shield is a god send. It's so much easier, especially on marginal days. I find myself moving it up and down a lot. The modular design also makes it a lot easier to talk to people when you pull off the side of the trail. No more having to remove your helmet. The breath guard is also the best I've used as it completely seals off your mouth and nose so that you can't fog up the shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just got a new Crosstec Helmet and from putting it on and running around the house it works kinda good.... I dunno

have yet to test it on the sled...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"works kinda good" - ? does that mean it fogged up on you? The foam breath deflector on it looked very cheap to me....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have been running the TXi for a year now(last years version of Crosstek), had one faux pa with it. After a rather exciting mogel section of trail, I readjusted my helmet and exhaled at the same time.... my bad. other wise no issues. Helmet is warm and comfortable! I love the visor, keeps the sun out of my eyes.
Fit is a matter of personal preference.. keep trying helmets till you find the right one.
JMO.

Triplesrock

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was sworn on HJC helmets but i find there quality to be kinda lacking these days.....the AC helmets are MUCH better made in my opinion.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have A Bombardier helmet and A AC TXI I like both helmets about the same when it comes to being fog free but the advantage goes to the bombi helmet because I wear Glasses to see and nothing beats the convenience of being able to put the helmet on without removing the glasses I also bought A black bombi helmet and found that with A stategically place AC sticker you can hardly tell it's A S%$ D#8 helmet naughty

·
Registered
460 Posts
i used a bombi modular too. and i took off the other stickers and added acouple nice small ones of my own. and i too wear glasses and have ridden in -40 C and had no troublewith any kind of fogging. where even the3 other guys i wasridng with had electric visor and they were fogging. so i am sold on what i have. and the breathe deflector works great. plus in thereal cold the extra curtain blocks the cold awesome. if intersted i can put up a couple pics of it and the fittment of it and the curtain. in thenext couple days

·
Registered
210 Posts
My DOO rider friend has a bombi helmet, well I think he still has it. The only time he used it was on a cold day. the vents gave him a frostbite spot on each cheek. a week after we rode he said, "Look, the spots are all gone now"

·
Registered
71 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boris the Cat @ Nov 8 2006, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My DOO rider friend has a bombi helmet, well I think he still has it. The only time he used it was on a cold day. the vents gave him a frostbite spot on each cheek. a week after we rode he said, "Look, the spots are all gone now"[/b]
Which vents? If he was using the breath mask, the cheeks aren't exposed to the cold air from there. Was it the modular helmet?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi new here great site. I have a crosstec helmet its a step in the right direction for
AC but needs some work. Visor tends to catch air and want to flip shield up and
RIP your head off at any thing over 100 MPH . Lights are great love them. A little heavy but not bad. Center of shield wants to frost up at -10. :thumbsup:

Hi new here great site. I have a crosstec helmet its a step in the right direction for
AC but needs some work. Visor tends to catch air and want to flip shield up and
RIP your head off at any thing over 100 MPH . Lights are great love them. A little heavy but not bad. Center of shield wants to frost up at -10. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JLight @ Nov 8 2006, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boris the Cat @ Nov 8 2006, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My DOO rider friend has a bombi helmet, well I think he still has it. The only time he used it was on a cold day. the vents gave him a frostbite spot on each cheek. a week after we rode he said, "Look, the spots are all gone now"[/b]
Which vents? If he was using the breath mask, the cheeks aren't exposed to the cold air from there. Was it the modular helmet?
[/b][/quote]
yeah, it was the first year's model of the modular helmet. he had the rubber resperator type breathing mask. the frostbite spots were not under that but aside of it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
possibly he never used theextra curtain that comes with the helmet to block that??? i have never been cold with mine done up properly. so id say its a user malfunction.

maybe he should sell it to me. hahha let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok parts are getting hard to find for the crosstec.... anyone point me in the direction of the fome nose piece.?

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Ok parts are getting hard to find for the crosstec.... anyone point me in the direction of the fome nose piece.?
Exactly what I need but couldn’t find. I gave up and bought a new helmet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts