Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I bought two M8's and we got these crosstec helmets thinking that they were going to be really good. If your on the trail they work fine but once you start in the deep powder where you aren't going as fast and say you lift the visor once they start not only fogging up but they frost up. I'm sick of having to raise my hood and warm up the helmet so that I can see but for only a few minutes.. I think we're going to go with the sno cross helmets..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spedf7 @ Jan 23 2007, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You using an electric sheild??[/b]
$300+ for a helmet, you shouldn't need one! my2cents

Others have had bad luck with that helmet too, unfortunately. spedf7 has it right, though... an electric shield will get rid of your fog/ frost problems. I bought one for my TXi and will never go back to a standard shield again.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BartZR600 @ Jan 23 2007, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Aww Chris, you're a wuss. You don't need to see when you're riding. LOL![/b]
After following you last year, I truly believe you don't use your eyes! eekkk

See you in 11 days! :sledder:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow!!! not good advertising for the Crosstec's on this page. I was looking at one so I could look like Darth Vader. They look sweet!!

Is there anythign good about them? What model year did you have. I heard horrible things about the '06's.

Not that it matters. They are proabbaly the most expensive helmet I've seen.

Guess I will settle for another HJC.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (paperkid96 @ Jan 23 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow!!! not good advertising for the Crosstec's on this page. ... Guess I will settle for another HJC.[/b]
Don't get me wrong, Cat makes some great helmets. The Crosstec just isn't one of them. HJC's are also very good, IMO.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I don't have an electric shield.. So getting one of those will help out my problem??? I guess I better get one. Thanks guys..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most any helmet can be swappped out with a heated electric shield. I and my wife both have them after years of going with out and will never go with out again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had an 06 crosstec helmet with a heated shield. We went riding last weekend the temp was 0 degrees the helmet leaked air between the visor and lower piece ,it froze my eyes. It leaked air so bad. I was pissed , I called arctic cat they said see your dealer. I bought the helmet last spring of ebay. I went to my local dealer they are sending my 06 helmet (with updates done to it) back to cat. The dealer told me the new 07 crosstecs are redesigned. I should have one friday or monday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been wondering do you think the dealer that I bought them from would let me trade them in for like the snocross helmets?? Its a $300 helmet for a $200 helmet...or some sort of money towards the sno cross?? Or would the heat shield itself solve my problem??

·
Registered
312 Posts
07's Crosstec's are not much better

Im shopping for something else as my 07 is unwearable its SO cold!

anything colder than -5 C* i freeze my face, with all vents CLOSED

Arctic Cat you have a crappy product here!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
i loove my electric visor. accept im always paranoid im gonna fall of and its gonna rip the assembly out of the sled, or my helmet will be totaled.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Threw my 07 Crosstec in the garbage can after this past weekend...... :angry_mad:

frost bite on my face and ruined a weekend riding.

Shopping for another brand, maybe HJC and Arctic Cat you should be ashamed at this horrable product with your name on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As I read these threads it brought back memories of last weekend in Wy. I was so excited about my new Crosstec and ended up throwing it across the room when we go back to the cabin.
I even took the time put the update kit in before I left.
The update kit is a whole nother story. If you take the shield off study it very close, I had parts falling everywhere. Then could not find any directions on how it went back together.

Then there is the tinted built in visor that slides down. Awesome idea, pour design. Every time I hit a jump, it came down. Very unconvienient and dangerous when the sun is not out. I also ended up retightening the visor screws twice a day
It does look great, but doesn't perform

1 - 20 of 28 Posts