Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heading up to cross lake area. will stay on the lakes. mostly little pine. but what are the ice conditions?

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
was up there. Friend has a cabin on Little Pine and Ice back in the channel where his cabin is was 8 inches. We did not venture out any further as there is some serious Flow on the chain.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Ice conditions are spotty. Some places good- other not safe at all. In some places, there is honeycomb ice with a slush layer over 2-3 inches of good ice- all left over from the rain 2 weeks ago. I rode Upper South Long last night....and was the first sled tracks running down the middle of the lake. It was eerie.....

Most likely you are going to be fine, but I would check with ice fisherman since the thickness seems to be so variable.

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We went and drilled holes in the channel to make sure we were ok. I didn't really want to play on the big lakes anyway. I just wanted to work on my clutching and the channel was long enough for that. Blew Up the Motor any way :lol:

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe heading back up monday of next week. Any word of trail Conditions. Not expecting a whole lot but last time I was up trails were groomed So im hoping they still have them in decent shape. If I cant get the 500 Motor rebuilt in a night or the parts don't come in than, I will take the 440 up

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
They are calling for warmer conditions- trails are still in OK shape. Snow cover is still spotty on the trails. The swamps are still pretty rough since there really isn't enough snow for groomers to fill in the holes. Most trails have received more than one grooming pass. Lake ice seems to be much better. There are people using the ice all over the Brainerd Lakes area. Use common sense of course....if you don't see tracks...there is a reason for it.

We did receive some freezing drizzle this week, so there's not a lot of snow kicking up on the heat exchangers, but it seems to be enough.

We have a club ride scheduled for tomorrow. We will be riding from Brainerd to Crosby, then to Merrifield, then back to Brainerd.

Reactions: pelle15

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Your sir For the update

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
FYI- rose about 100 miles yesterday. Trails saw a lot of traffic and are showing many bare spots in places- however it is still very ridable. We had great conditions in the Merrifield area and Northeast towards Crosby.

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put on a good 150ish Miles or so and trails were ok. Not great but ridable. Put on a decent amount of lake miles

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
After all of the rain we have had in the last 12 hours, things are pretty much junk right now..... We are not suppose to get much snow tonight- they are saying maybe an inch or two. We are done til we get some decent snow. What is there is saturated with the rain and completely ice.

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heading up this weekend. How are the trails

·
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went up and trails were in great condition. Running the lakes gets old to me and they were rough. Over all though they were in great shape with plenty of a snow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts